Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 10, 2010, 2:07 PM   #11

All good Mike. But, as Pen said the tiger is outstanding!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 2:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
That looks much better but, personally, I'd take a little more off and have the head close to the 1st cross-section of the rule of thirds (converted to 8x10 which is the size I usually print at).

I love that photo by the way ...... he / she has an expression of " oh oh rumbled .... I'm for it now" !!
I was really hoping to get a good shot of that guy and I'm satisfied that I did with that one. I like your 8x10 crop, I re-cropped a version 8x10 on my own system. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Love them all Mike...Great expressions on all of the animals, and great lighting. You have inspired me to go to the zoo now!
This will probably be my only opportunity to see some of these animals in the flesh so the zoo works fine for me. With having young kids we've been to nearly all the zoos within a days drive of us here. I never really get tired of seeing these animals, even if they are in captivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
All good, but that tiger is outstanding. I can't quite read his expression to tell what he is thinking, but whatever it is, is isn't good!
Kinda like: "If this window wasn't here you'd make a tasty morsel..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
All good Mike. But, as Pen said the tiger is outstanding!
Thanks GW!
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 6:34 PM   #13

Fantastic series Mike, you really are putting some miles on your camera (and car) from Watkins Glenn to Toronto in a few weeks - where next?

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 7:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by a200user View Post
Fantastic series Mike, you really are putting some miles on your camera (and car) from Watkins Glenn to Toronto in a few weeks - where next?

Jim
Stay tuned.

Thanks Jim!
Old May 10, 2010, 8:04 PM   #15

Mike, while browsing your zoo photos from the link you provided, I saw something that really raised the hair on the back of my neck. I sent a PM to you, at least I think I did, I'm not sure if it went through.
Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 8:32 PM   #16

No wonder. We had 2 weeks of balmy weather until people from Buffalo area came in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeSS View Post
This adventure was my wife's idea, but it was fun anyway. For those that don't know, we've been getting milder than normal weather up here in the western NY area, but yesterday and today it got down close to freezing. Even had a few flurries to really round things out. But we still made our way up to Toronto today for a visit to the zoo. Despite the cold weather and a lot of the animals off display because of it, we still had a fun time and I got some nice shots. Here are a few that I liked the best.

Playful Orangutan

Nice portrait of an animal trying to bundle up

Thanks for sharing your images

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 6:22 AM   #17

A great series, very nicely photographed. Best of course is the children!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 7:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by a200user View Post
Mike, while browsing your zoo photos from the link you provided, I saw something that really raised the hair on the back of my neck. I sent a PM to you, at least I think I did, I'm not sure if it went through.
Jim
I saw your PM Jim, hope the photos weren't too traumatic. The name I was focusing in on is my wife's late grandfather who was a seabee during WW2. Kinney field is about 1/2 a block from where my wife's grandparents live. I was just hoping to get some good photos of the memorial after it was finished. I think it was nicely done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielchtong View Post
No wonder. We had 2 weeks of balmy weather until people from Buffalo area came in.

Nice portrait of an animal trying to bundle up

Thanks for sharing your images

Daniel
I don't think the orangutans had to worry too much about the cold, the building they are in is kept pretty warm, apart from the usual smell of the animals I didn't really want to go back outside in the cold weather. Thanks for looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
A great series, very nicely photographed. Best of course is the children!!
I love to photograph a lot of things when I get the chance but 90% of the places that we visit we try to gear towards the kids. If they aren't enjoying themselves then we end up miserable and that's just no fun. Thanks mole!