Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 17, 2010, 2:38 PM   #1

Default My Pentax K7 has arrived!!!

Hi everyone! Oi, my Pentax K-7 arrived!!!! Two kit lens. Fastest 8GB SD card I could find, camera bag, and filter... Elements 8 Photoshop and Filter (video...). Having to much fun sorting things out. Have to get out and take some pictures! Due to go to cabin this weekend, should get some shots there!

My wife is scared to touch it. She just says, "Don't drop it!" She's new to this digital scene.

Well, just wanted to let you all know.

All the best.

Ned
Jyväskylä, Finland
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2010, 2:55 PM   #2

Congrats!!!!! Now the fun starts - learning a new camera, learning a new software program (Elements 8) etc. You'll have a blast, I know. Hope you are reviewing the owners manual now that you have the camera in hand, while the battery charges.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 2:57 PM   #3

Ha ha - congratulations Ned. Now start posting shots !!

My first 'lens parcel' of M42 lenses and Spotmatic arrived at the post office here today - I have yet to pick it up though because I am in dispute with them, they want US$220 customs duty - it is a losing battle though because if I don't pay they will send it back. It only cost me US215 on Ebay for the 4 lenses and camera.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 3:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Congrats!!!!! Now the fun starts - learning a new camera, learning a new software program (Elements 8) etc. You'll have a blast, I know. Hope you are reviewing the owners manual now that you have the camera in hand, while the battery charges.

Battery is charged... but then so am I just looking at all I got... Been through the manual and starting to really feel at home with what I see.

Now I just need to learn how to use the jok'n Elements Photoshop... I should get book from Amazon.

Thanks and all the best.

Ned
Old May 17, 2010, 3:07 PM   #5

not sure where you are frog but in the uk if you have the receipt for the lenses then you can get the correct import duties calculated and they will refund you

apparently tis common for people to overprice things for insurance etc etc so they will sort it out for you

was my mum who discovered this so cant tell you exactly who to speak to but that would only be any good if your in the uk anyway and guessing since there after $'s from you that you in the states =)
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 3:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Ha ha - congratulations Ned. Now start posting shots !!

My first 'lens parcel' of M42 lenses and Spotmatic arrived at the post office here today - I have yet to pick it up though because I am in dispute with them, they want US$220 customs duty - it is a losing battle though because if I don't pay they will send it back. It only cost me US215 on Ebay for the 4 lenses and camera.
Well, I know that here in Finland, ANYTHING outside the EU is sent to customs if they suspect you ordered something. I just don't see how I can ever get anything outside the EU. Hope your problem will be resolved.

Ned
Old May 17, 2010, 3:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Pattullo View Post
not sure where you are frog but in the uk if you have the receipt for the lenses then you can get the correct import duties calculated and they will refund you

apparently tis common for people to overprice things for insurance etc etc so they will sort it out for you

was my mum who discovered this so cant tell you exactly who to speak to but that would only be any good if your in the uk anyway and guessing since there after $'s from you that you in the states =)
Thanks John but no I live in Shanghai ... and in China there is no appeal ! I've got reductions before by refusing to accept their valuation, but I had my secretary check on-line and they have fixed fees for cameras (old or new they don't care) - they set the value for the Spotmatic F at US$450 and the lenses at US$500 and I have to pay the tax on those values !
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 3:57 PM   #8

Congrats it was a long wait for you.
Old May 17, 2010, 4:01 PM   #9

Congrats!
And now you've also got the "humid, tropical heat" (quote from a Swedish newspaper. Here down south it's rather a "polar heat", 8 C degrees!) so just get out and shoot some crocodiles!
Waiting to see your pictures.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 4:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Congrats it was a long wait for you.
Too right... they had to send it from a store up in the polar circle! Anyway, I've got it. Thanks.