Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 27, 2010, 12:04 AM   #21

Well done, my friend. Really like the little turkey.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2010, 7:05 AM   #22

Ned - Thank you for your very specific and complimentary comments. I do enjoy chasing the "bugs" and playing with the camera settings as well! I agree that that last view of the checkerspot could have been much finer at a different angle, but the little fellow would not stay still. Hoping to find a more patient one soon!

Ronny - Thanks so much! We are indeed blessed with great natural diversity here in East TN - the big challenge is to keep it that way in the face of continued pressure for development...

Bock - Thanks so much - it's an awesome place I am blessed to live in and explore!

Frogfish - Glad you enjoyed these - yes indeed a diverse region, working to protect that...

Mike - I agree completely - having all of the "tails" would have been a much better shot, and I will try harder next time to get all of him...

GW - You should have seen me yesterday afternoon, trying to get a shot of a Black Saddlebag dragonfly. There were dozens of them at a nearby marsh, but they never did stop! (and I am way too slow to get a good in flight photo!) Best trick I've found so far to get photos of perched dragonflies is to notice the spot where one perches, then slowly approach and focus on the perch while the 'fly is "off on patrol" around the pond. When he/she returns, I'm all ready for the photo.

NMR - Glad you enjoyed these! Most were taken with my new (very used) Sigma 70-300 - not much use for distant subjects, but great sharpness and bokeh in the semi-macro range.

Scott - Thanks so much!

Paul - Glad you liked him! He sure didn't like me (nor did his mom!!!)
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2010, 11:54 AM   #23

All excellent...hard to pick a fav. Those Dragonflies make good models. The very few times I had the opportunity to photograph a Dragonfly, the darn thing would not lend anywhere for me to take the shot.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2010, 5:09 PM   #24

Yeah, some species just never seem to stop. Was trying to get a good shot at a black saddlebag the other day, and just got dizzy watching him fly around in big circles!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2010, 11:06 PM   #25

hahaha, i love the snout butterfly!!!! (and, as that is the most coherent thing i can come up with to say, i am going to sleep, and look at more pictures later.)
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote