Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default Finnish Sauna

Went to the cabin yesterday... boy is that place deep in the woods... anyway, my wife was stoking up the stove in the sauna (yes, that is smoke you see around the roof). I have been in this baby when in was 100 Celcius / 212 Fahrenheit... I could only handle about 5 to 10 minutes of that... From the sauna, you can run down a path and jump in the lake.

This was a rainy day... next time I will get that jok'n red ball for pump out of the way.

Thanks for looking.

Ned
Attached Images
 
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Tachikoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,086
Default

Nice shot!

Next time give us a family portrait inside the sauna, not that the K-7 can handle 100C as far as I am aware LOL
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:03 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
Nice shot!

Next time give us a family portrait inside the sauna, not that the K-7 can handle 100C as far as I am aware LOL
I hear ya, mate! It would certainly boost sales in Finland for Pentax if it could handle such temps.

All the best.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Tachikoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,086
Default

I suddenly thought about "Swedish Sauna's" after posting this and thought that it might sound like I was trying to get a photo of your wife wearing less than a towel...
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:34 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Well, just remember one thing... "sauna" is Finnish word. Call it a Swedish sauna here, and your liable to have some of the natives "see you off". Not to worry. All the best.
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:44 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Tachikoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,086
Default

LOL!

Thanks for the info, learn something new every day here!
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:36 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
bilybianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hassleholm, Sweden
Posts: 3,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Well, just remember one thing... "sauna" is Finnish word. Call it a Swedish sauna here, and your liable to have some of the natives "see you off". Not to worry. All the best.
I can confirm that! Saunas are popular here in Sweden too, but we learnt it from the Finnish. There it's not culture, it's religion!

Ned, I'm eagerly awaiting the upcoming shots where you dash out of the sauna, roll around in the snow and finish off by jumping into the hole in the ice into the lake! If you haven't tried it before, let me tell you it's quite an... an... an... OK, let's call it "an experience"!

Very nice shot, I can see you really enjoy your K7!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:29 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,052
Default

Love the shot! And if you don't like the red ball, why not just clone it out? You can easily do that in PSE.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:39 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
I can confirm that! Saunas are popular here in Sweden too, but we learnt it from the Finnish. There it's not culture, it's religion!

Ned, I'm eagerly awaiting the upcoming shots where you dash out of the sauna, roll around in the snow and finish off by jumping into the hole in the ice into the lake! If you haven't tried it before, let me tell you it's quite an... an... an... OK, let's call it "an experience"!

Very nice shot, I can see you really enjoy your K7!

Kjell

Kjell, so good to hear from you. Hey, listen, at age 53, I am afraid that if jump in an ice lake hole after the sauna, my heart will stop. Isn't enough that I survived the heat in Finnish sauna, and lived to tell about it. I don't remember how hot saunas were in Sweden when I lived there... but here in Finland it is hot, especially when they throw a little water on the hot rocks.

All the best and glad you like the photo.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:40 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Love the shot! And if you don't like the red ball, why not just clone it out? You can easily do that in PSE.

Yeah, you can do all sorts of mircles with PSE... well, I haven't got cloning yet... still trying to get my act together with other things.

Glad you like the photo. Thanks.
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.