Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 12, 2010, 6:26 AM   #11

There's always Flickr and Photobucket, they do free accounts if you don't want to pay. They obviously have upload limits, to tempt you into getting a paid for account similar to what GW has, but I have not had any problems running out of space each month (yet).
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:47 AM   #12

Yes, I know of photobucket. Thanks Ash
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
I agree wholeheartedly, Ned. That's the main reason I use Zinfolio to host my photos. As I mentioned above, I upload a 8X12 image at 200ppi in tif format, that gives me about an 11 meg file with no loss of IQ from compression that you get in jpeg. Then, when I want to share a photo here, I use the little yellow square icon at the top of the message box that looks like a mountain with the sun, I left click on that and paste the link I copied from my Zenfolio site ( I can explain that part later) and click "OK" within a couple seconds you'll see your photo show up in the message box where your cursor was before you you clicked the icon. you can post multiple images by positioning you cursor below the last image and click the icon again and repeat the proses. doing it this way, you're not embedding the image and the 252kb rule does not apply. This may sound complicated but once you do it, its really easy. You can get a free zinfolio account with a limited amount of storage or, like I do, pay $30 a year for unlimited storage. And, if you stop and think about it, that's a pretty good deal considering the benefits you get with having a host/storage site.

GW!!! I basic did "some" of what you said... here is what I did... however, in most processing, I may lightened it too much... not sure it needs sharpening or no, but HOPEFULLY, I am getting there... Please see my thread: Seeing a Finnish forest through the trees

Thanks!
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote