Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:43 AM   #1

Default Two Bee Or Not Two Bee

Nice day today ... grabbed the maid's (everyone has a maid here !) stepladder to reach the bees on the top of the flowering bushes and had fun with other stuff too. Here are some bee shots and as a bonus two fly mugshots too

Let's see how linking to Flikr works (or not) to improve the IQ of posted shots ! Ok this is not working .. I'll resize and edit.

oh sod it ! Images deleted.

The image linker here is trash & the uploader is having a bad hair day (like someone else)

Last edited by Frogfish; Jun 12, 2010 at 1:01 PM.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:23 PM   #2

Something really wrong with the uploader today .... all the shots are under 230K and no longer than 900 on the long side, yet the forum software is reducing them to less than 50k !

I thought it would be better to store the shots off-site and link to them (I think it was GW who said that the forum software doesn't cripple them that way). However I've tried searching the forum but can't find instructions on how to have off-forum links display the photos here. I used the Flikr URLs but all I ended up with was the links above. No shots displaying here ..... anyway I'm off to watch the match now ! I'll try and figure this out later.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:26 PM   #3

Even weirder ! When I tried to edit the 2nd post the forum software will now only take me back to the first post *cue X-Files music*
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:35 PM   #4

In Flickr, go to the image and click on "All Sizes" and it will give you a page where you can view the image at varying resolutions. At the bottom of this page it will give you some HTML in a box, copy the HTML for the image size you want to use.

In this forum, start or reply to a thread and click on the Insert Link box and paste in the HTML from Flickr.

For some reason it posts 2 images for me, so I delete the top one as the bottom one has the link to your Flickr profile.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:00 PM   #5

I don't use Flickr much (I use zenfolio). I found the clicking on the icon to add a link to a picture doesn't work the way I expect it to with Safari (my web browser), so I just type in the "tags" you need. Once you copy the appropriate link, type " [img] " before the link and " [/img] " (don't type the " marks) at the end. That will tell the software to show the picture.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote