Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:33 PM   #11

Great series, lighting is perfect

first started to reply with, I don't have that many tree pictures, but then started looking through my archive and noticed I never made a tagged them.
For the few I've tagged now, most of them are in the wide angle range. 10-20mm.

don't know if thats the best, but I'm still sorting them out.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
All three are great photos - color, composition, lighting... Hard to choose a favorite.

To answer your tree question - some of my favorite tree photos were taken with a Pentax A 70-210. Great color and detail, but not nearly wide enough for close shots. For close ones I've enjoyed the DA 16-45. But my lens collection is MUCH smaller than many here - others may give you better suggestions.
Hi Mole! Many thanks for your words and comments, and thanks for your kind feedback, indeed, of various lenses. Bigdawg mentioned the DA 16-45, that is certainly on the list of lenses. Been also thinking of the pancake lenses, but that means no zooming... I will have to do more footwork if I get one of those.

Thanks again and all the best.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhermans View Post
Great series, lighting is perfect

first started to reply with, I don't have that many tree pictures, but then started looking through my archive and noticed I never made a tagged them.
For the few I've tagged now, most of them are in the wide angle range. 10-20mm.

don't know if thats the best, but I'm still sorting them out.

Thanks for your comments. About the 10-20 mm, how would you rate its image quality`? Do you see any observable difference between that and a kit lense?

Thanks again.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:58 PM   #14

Don't have a kit lens, so can't help you there. Got myself a tamron18-200 when I got my k10d. I wouldn't say I love that lens, but it has the most time on my camera.

It's just to easy.

The 10-20mm I got is a sigma, and it's not bad. If you start pixel peeping it has enough (to much) chroma on the edges. But then you are looking at things that would take a complete wall to print.
I try not to crop with that wide a lens, what would be the reason to use it is you would remove the wide angle you want to have.