Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:57 PM   #11

Hello Vole,
I'd say, like father liker daughter! Great series.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 2:53 AM   #12

Great series, would love to see those shot's a bit larger.

That public art looks almost something functional.

Hope to see more

Ronny
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:26 PM   #13

everyone- thanks for your comments! i am just learning on this camera, and appreciate what everyone has to say!
mtngal-yes, i have a wonderful father who thought i needed a pentax. so, now i have one!! i had issues figuring out how to resize my photos properly for this site, but next time i post, i will make them larger! chattanooga loves tourists! there are plenty of them everywhere, especially in summer : )

Frogfish- thanks, yes, i think the museum would look better landscape as well, but that would involve some hanging off the edge of an overhang to get a good shot, and... i'm not that brave!! here's a shot of the museum from the bridge, though. also, what is an HDR shot? i am still learning!

mole- thank you very much for your comments! i am very much enjoying getting to know my new camera, and have a few other places in town i am planning to visit with my camera. i think i have figured out how to resize photos for this site, so next time, you can see them better.

goldwinger- wow, comparing my photos to mole's is high praise! thanks! although, i have to say, he is a great teacher, which probably has something to do with it...

rhermans- thanks, yes, i will make the size better next time. there is ALOT of public art in chattanooga, but i like that piece because, as you said, it looks functional. it doesn't actually do anything, but it looks as if it should.

so, thanks everybody! i will post some more photos later...
Attached Images

Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:13 PM   #14

Those flower pictures are gorgeous!

The chapel pictures make you feel like you are there, really set a mood- seem both peaceful and mysterious.

I love your carousel pictures!! That sounds really amazing too.

And very interesting to see the pictures of the hotel in Memphis.

It's so exciting to see these first pictures from your new camera!!! :-)
BlueSkyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:15 PM   #15

Oh and I forgot to say... how much I like your very last one, here!! It's very interesting the contrast between the modern steel/glass architecture and the old worn wall with the plants hanging down and the river below. I don't know- I just really like it. :-)
BlueSkyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:17 PM   #16

Vole.

HDR = High Dynamic Range. Google it for much clearer explanations (& examples) than I can give as to how to achieve and process it. There are some absolutely amazing & beautiful shots made using it (BTW the K7 in-camera HDR is not that good, better to actually use a wide EV range yourself).
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:56 PM   #17

thanks Bluie. next time you are in chattanooga, you can come look at the carousel for yourself!
yeah, lots of people agree with you about the museum, there are postcards of it that people do buy! haha, they are better than mine though, i guess.
frogfish- thanks! i will have to look that up.
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote