Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:12 PM   #11

frogfish- thanks! yes, the cat does spend a suspicious amount of time roaming the street and lying on my front porch to "belong" to someone. but, they have cat food and cat toys for it...
rhermans- thanks for your input; i was experimenting with shutter speed, and couldn't quite decide myself!
glen- thanks! the kitten was very interested in the sound of my shutter, and so posed quite willingly for me until the neighbors came looking for their cat!
goldwinger- thanks for your kind input as well! i can never decide with things like waterfalls and fountains which way i prefer it, blurred or frozen...
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:58 PM   #12

Very nice series, that cat is too cute. I prefer the first cat picture but both are cute.

The first river picture is my preference. I like smooth waterfalls, but prefer the extra detail the faster shutter speed gives you for these fountains. Very nicely done series, and you are continuing to convince me to visit your corner of the country sometime.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:45 AM   #13

So many great images, I particularly like the second sundial picture.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, FA 80-320mm f4.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Jul 5, 2010, 6:55 PM   #14

Some really fine photos Vole! Great use of DOF on the first cat, fine feather detail on the dove (despite your lens limitations), and really nice dynamic range in the 2nd sundial. Chapel photos, as always, show your great talent with seeing light! And I too like the stop-action (1st) photo of the water best, unlike my usual preference for waterfalls, etc.

You are quite correct in your identification of the Swifts - a fine capture despite the limits of your one lens. Need to start saving up for a good long lens, and a macro, and....

Also would suggest you get a hood for your current lens - there is some (only very slightly distracting) flare in the sundial shot (or was that intentional??)
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:01 PM   #15

mtngal-thanks! i think i have decided to agree with everyone about the fountain. i just like having the possibility of photographing them either way : )

Monza76- thanks for your input!

Mole- thanks! haha, i love that no matter how good my photography equipment is, there is always a way to improve it. what is a hood? i couldn't figure out how to cut out the flare as with my old camera i could just cup the lens with one hand to cut out glare: this new awesomer camera takes two hands : )
the dove was literally ten feet away from me. they are not the smartest birds... but thanks for your comments! i appreciate them!
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 7:57 AM   #16

A lot of fine images Vole, thanks for sharing them.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote