Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:59 AM   #11

Default Mind transportation

Probably not exactly what people have in mind when they think of transportation. This is what I'm using for transportation right now. It helps to transport me from the world of insanity of doctor's appointments, muiltiple biopsies, waiting for results, waiting on surgery, always waiting. Not knowing what is going to happen after surgery. Fearing the one thing I've feared since a child and my grandparents were diagnosed with cancer. For the past year watching my mom fight this horrible disease. And, now having my own battle.

This is a gift from my stepson (the earbuds were mine) to help me get through my battle. I cherish the time each day I can sit down and go into my own little world and forget all my worries. It is a great way to transport to a place of peace.

Patty
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 7:05 PM   #12

Default I'll add this one for now

I just picked up a K7. I wasn't going to upgrade this soon, but you know how it is.
It's been raining all day so it was indoor shooting. This get's Dale Jr. around.
Attached Images

StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:51 PM   #13

This is such a good topic. Patty - I hope you'll get through this ordeal and come out to rainbows and beautiful sunrises on the other side. Your interpretation sure makes sense to me - our iPod is our way of being transported into a different world through audiobooks, making our extreme daily commute bearable.

Stevie - congrats on the K7, hope you are enjoying it as much as I do.

I've been having a great time shooting all sorts of transportation shots. Only one or two have worked out, but it's been fun as I look at what I've shot and figure out what I did wrong and how to do it better next time.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:38 PM   #14

I may change this later on, but here's one from yesterday. It's transportation, and it was so shiny that I had to delete the license plate number from the car behind it. This isn't exactly what people think of when someone says Harley Davidson, is it?

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:40 PM   #15

This is the one. My lake transportation, a kayak, takes me to beautiful places. Lake Siskiyou with view of Mount Shasta.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:27 PM   #16

There are some great shots. This is going to be a tough one to vote on. Looking forward to the rest!
Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:26 AM   #17

Lovely interpretation Patty - and I'm so sorry you are suffering, but hope springs eternal and miracles do happen, let's hope one befalls you.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:16 AM   #18

This transportation is not for the faint of heart!

This was the most exhilirating ride I have ever been on. The jet boat takes you through the Shotover River Canyon (Queensland New Zealand) while the driver tries to come as close as he can to the canyon wall outcroppings.

The jet boats have two 250HP Buick engines that are supercharged and each connected to a water jet. Speeds can reach 53 MPH and the boats can operate in as little as 4” of water. The boats do 360 degree turns and are extremely maneuverable.

I took this picture just after we got off our ride and it was of the second group in our tour returning from the canyon. It was extremely cold 44F but the wind chill brought it to 31F. During the ride we were being constantly sprayed with water from the turning boat. Dressing in layers was a must and so was wearing gloves and sunglasses.

The link below the picture will take you to the Shotover Jet web site where you can watch a short video of the ride.

http://www.shotoverjet.com/
Lou

Last edited by Keltech; Jul 12, 2010 at 8:26 PM.
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:28 AM   #19

This was taken at Pokagen State Park in Indiana. Having lived near the ocean for much of my life it seems odd to have a beach so far inland, but there it is! DL with kit lens.

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:03 AM   #20

Here is what I like....
Attached Images

Zuken is offline   Reply With Quote