Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:12 AM   #1

Default morning dew and ice tea

These are with the takamur 55mm 1.8 and an enlargment ring, handheld about 7 am.

This next one

the carl zeiss 28mm 2.8 and some obvious pp in cs4 for artistic taste

NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:17 AM   #2

wanted to mention, i was actually pouring the tea when i was taking the shot to accent the light reflections. This is what you see around top of glass
Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:07 AM   #3

Interesting shots ! That Tak 55 is supposed to be a very nice lense.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:49 AM   #4

thanks for commenting! Yes the Taks I have are Very nice and very sharp! They are traded off with my CZ primes and are near equals but have different qualities.

The Taks seem to remain truer to my eyes but the CZ produce gorgeous color effects that I have a hard time getting my Taks to catch. Ill hafto post a comparison later as I often times think having nearly two of each prime is a waste but I still find myself using them all.

I've also noticed the Taks tend to emphasize a cool shot and the CZ the opposite with very warm color.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:01 AM   #5

Well rather than just start a new thread I posted up some pics of the CZ primes. YES I know these pics are ACTually of two Minolta lenses but are taken WITH the Carl Zeiss 29mm 2.8. See what I mean about the warm colors and nice bokeh? The Takamur seems to give me a bluer shot and often an actually pleasing abberation (If there is such a thing) (notice the blue outlines in the above shots, this is also partly due to subject but Ive seen the chromatic abberations in my indoor shots as well.)

These are taken with two normal table lamps as my light source and Vivitar 3500 Auto Flash, no crazy color diffusors or lighting, these CZ's just seem to "catch the light" in a way the Takamur produces a more subtle shot.

By the way I must mention, These below shots are with NO PP, straight from camera, whereas the above shots with the Takamur 55 1.8 have some mild PP (cept for glass shot where PP is heavier)

Im not sure why the glossy coat on my table I am using here produces pinks and yellows into the shots but I rather like the effect, the reason I could never part with these lenses. Out of the CZ's I own the 28 Jenna Sonor 2.8, 50 1.8 Pancolar, 44 2.0, 58 2.0 CZ Jena, 35-70 Jena Zoom, 200 2.8 Jena Sonnor, I really wish I could find a 12 or 14 mm CZ, if they ever made them.

Enjoy the shots, sorry for the lack of true comparison between subjects, but still think its interesting to see the huge differences in these lenses.

Last edited by NMRecording; Jul 18, 2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:28 PM   #6

Nice work, NM.
Really like the ice tea shot.
What I want to know is how you use a Minolta lens on a Pentax body?
Or am I missing something?

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:41 PM   #7

I dont actually, my friend sells lenses on ebay and I somehow got stuck being his photographer, though I must say it is fun. Since, Ive been slowly persuading him to buy a camera; a pentax! Thanks for commenting
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:44 PM   #8

OK, I was hoping you knew something I didn't... oh well.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote