Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 18, 2010, 5:36 AM   #1

Default Pics from the caravan :D

well, last night me and my family were going out to the coast with the caravan. While we were there it was warm and nice, except when the night was closing in, then all hell broke loose, there were thunders, lightning, and rain, and lots of rain.

below are some pictures that I took while we where there.

CyberTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:14 AM   #2

I really like that first shot, very moody and the clouds are cool. Don't know if it's me or not, but the horizon looks a little crooked, might need a little straightening. I like this series. As people here know of me, I tend to produce a lot of photographs while getting out with the family, particularly in the summer.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 1:00 PM   #3

Some really lovely shots in there - I particularly liked #1,4 & 5. However I do think the exposure needs adjusting on most of these.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:20 PM   #4

I really like the series - the dark photos sure convince me that I don't want to be out camping in that kind of weather. I wouldn't change them, except for maybe the sunset (what a great sunset). On that one I would leave the darks alone and perhaps brighten the lights a bit, that would make the clouds pop more. But the dark pictures sure capture the ominous, moody, almost scary feeling such weather can bring.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:00 PM   #5

once again I must say thanks to each and one of you for your kind words..and yes, it was a very nice weather to be out camping The only time it was a little scary was when lightning was right above us and the whole caravan was shaking with every lightning/thunder.

I believe most of the pictures actually are quite "as they were live", perhaps a little underexposed...

but once again thank you.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:11 PM   #6

Some great mood shots! The spider web is very nice but could be improved with some noise reduction.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Some great mood shots! The spider web is very nice but could be improved with some noise reduction.

Lou
Yes, not quite sure why the cam choosed such high iso, there were not "very" dark ...it was around 4 in the morning and the sun was on its way up..I guess i had shutterspeed to high?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:33 AM   #8

I just downloaded the Spider's Web shot but there is no EXIF data attached to check what settings you used - maybe the software program you used to reduce the size removed it ? However what may not look too dark to the human eye can appear like almost no light at all to a camera sensor !
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
I just downloaded the Spider's Web shot but there is no EXIF data attached to check what settings you used - maybe the software program you used to reduce the size removed it ? However what may not look too dark to the human eye can appear like almost no light at all to a camera sensor !
if you go to http://picasaweb.google.com/michael.widegren1 then go to gallery1 you'll have the exif and images in full size

/Michael

Last edited by CyberTron; Jul 19, 2010 at 7:19 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:55 PM   #10

Not the best weather for a caravan, but those shots are almost worth sitting in it in a storm.

Cheers

Ronny