Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:06 PM   #11

You are getting some great color out of that good old lens! Of course wonderful composition on all of these, and fascinating stories...
I can see why you like the old Coffee sign!
Sparrows on the fence such a study in contrast...
Great lines in the old mill.
You really captured the power of the tree's life amidst the crumbling brick!
And I love the angles & colors in #2.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:13 AM   #12

Great work from you and that lens, really like the last shot of those roots in the second set (abandoned building)
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:17 PM   #13

you should take your camera more often
do you walk home the same way? is the light different?
i like old building photos, i have tried a few my self
but i have never seen a tree like that growing through a wall like that
i am with frogfish, i would of been late for work lol
and the coffe sign is a beauty, i think i would be investigating how to get it off
Old Jul 28, 2010, 8:13 PM   #14

frogfish- sorry to be depressing! i would sometimes rather photograph the old falling apart buildings than the new shiny buildings on the street, because i feel like the old ones have more history and in many cases are more visually interesting. yes, i want to play with photographing that tree- i need to figure out what time of day is least likely to have traffic on the small side street i have to stand in the middle of to photograph this the way that i want too : )

goldwinger- thanks! i do think that because of the roots breaking up the building, that tree might be its only hope!!

paul- thanks for your comments! i appreciate it!

mole- thanks so much for your thoughtful comments! (i thought of you when i took both the bird/fence photo and the tree/building photos, i love the difference between nature where you are and nature where i am...)

rhermans- thanks for your comments!!

gumnut- my place of employment frowns upon tardiness, otherwise i would probably take my camera with me every day and be very late every day : )
i walk home almost the same way every day (sometimes different side streets, etc) and am generally coming home at the same time, so same light unless it's raining, in which case my camera is not coming with me!! What you didn't see is that right beside the coffee sign is a "no trespassing under penalty of law" sign, and an obvious video camera, which i can't quite decide if it is functional or for show. either way, i am not willing to risk it...
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:50 AM   #15

Nice images. I'm glad to see someone else takes photos of things I like to photograph. Old buildings and odd things. I don't know what it is that intrigues me so about them. They just do.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:06 PM   #16

patty- thanks! i like your way of putting it: "old buildings and odd things" that is just what i like : )
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote