Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:26 AM   #1

Default For all K-x owners

Hi people

Well, i have handled the K-x in my local camera store and i can buy one for approx 379 here in the UK.

Can you persuade me to buy one? Have you fallen in love with your K-x? Does it live up to its expectations?

What about image quality, you happy with them?

Finally, battery problems solved as far as the issues some time ago and, what about the AF points not lighting up. Is it really a concern? Does it really matter to you?

Thanks people as i am just looking for a tiny bit of a push to order one!
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:16 PM   #2

No battery problems firmware update worked great, 1100 photos on 1 set of eneloop rechargeable batteries when not using the flash, none of the other dslr out there can do that.

Last edited by shoturtle; Jul 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
No battery problems firmware update worked great, 1100 photos on 1 set of eneloop rechargeable batteries when not using the flash, none of the other dslr out there can do that.
Waw. Impressive. Thanks for your input.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:31 PM   #4

I bought mine last month. So far I am happy with its ability to shot at ISO 1600 and even at ISO 3200 with almost the same quality of ISO 400 and 800 respectively.

This means I can use "slower" lenses and using higher f-stop and still got a manageable shutter speed!

I hope this help. Have you decided to buy one already?
Indria Djamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:14 PM   #5

how is your for showing your pics on the lcd after taking them? is it slow? I find mine is super slow, 4-5 sec before it shows the picture i just took to teh lcd... just wondering if mine is a lemon or not?
lin7604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:30 PM   #6

If you try to pull the shot back up to review, does it still take a long time. If not it sounds like the sd slot may have a issue with writing the info to your card. I would bring it back to the store and get an exchange.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:23 AM   #7

Is the card on its way out? Have you formatted the card instead of deleting it all the time? A proper format is always better.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:13 AM   #8

yes i have formatted it and it's a brand new card. I thought maybe something was wrong with my last one so i got a new one, but no difference...
when i want to retreive the pictures saved, it brings them up quickly just not right after taking them?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 1:47 PM   #9

Bring your card to the store where you brought the k-x, and see if it is the same with their demo. I know it takes a couple of sec to write the info, but it is reading fine base on what you said about the reviewing is quick.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:12 PM   #10

yes i will do that. i tried it on my fuji f70 and it reads it quick and shows up on the lcd very fast. so not sure if it's the camera that's a lemon or what. I am going to the camera store tomorrow and hoping that they figure out what is wrong here...