Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
Lou those are all nice shots! I'd love to go there sometime. Regarding the formatted card, there are recovery programs can restore your pictures. Even on a formatted card. You'd be surprised at what they bring back.
Thanks for your comments.

The story of my lost shots became even more tragic. When I realized what I had done, I immediately said to myself, no sweat I can recover them. I had taken two 16GB SanDisk cards with me so I took the one with the formatted pictures on it and put it aside in my bag and stopped using it in order to make recovery easy.

When I got home I took the card out of my bag and placed it on my desk for safe keeping until I could get around to doing the recovery. The card must have got caught up in the three weeks of mail that I was going through and got tossed with the junk mail as I have looked high and low since and not found it.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Very nice shots again Lou. The shot of the ceramic tiles really held my attention - I like that, as did those fluffy clouds through the window of the SOH.

However, I did think some of the shots could use a little more PP, so to see if this was correct I took two that I liked and did my usual 10 secs 'makeover' (Auto Curves, Definition +0.1, Vibrancy +0.05). Hope you don't mind - what do you think ?
Kevin thanks for your nice comments and critique.

I like the overall improvement on the James Craig shot but not the Opera house.

I think that we all use different PP programs, and monitors as well as calibration devices, so we cannot always achieve and see the same result. I also think personal tastes are slightly different in what we like in our pictures.

As I said earlier I had a lot of pictures to PP and maybe my pictures did not get as saturated as I did. LOL

Lou
Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Thanks for your comments.

The story of my lost shots became even more tragic. When I realized what I had done, I immediately said to myself, no sweat I can recover them. I had taken two 16GB SanDisk cards with me so I took the one with the formatted pictures on it and put it aside in my bag and stopped using it in order to make recovery easy.

When I got home I took the card out of my bag and placed it on my desk for safe keeping until I could get around to doing the recovery. The card must have got caught up in the three weeks of mail that I was going through and got tossed with the junk mail as I have looked high and low since and not found it.

Lou

LOL.....Lou, I wouldn't laugh if your story didn't have an eerie similarity to a conversation in my house earlier this week. Brenda shoots with a little hand-grip style Sanyo vid-cam. She asked me Monday, "Have you ever downloaded the videos off my first card? When I changed memory cards, I put it in the blue memory card case on the coffee table [at our son's house]." Blue memory card case???? The only one I had on the Hawaii trip was black. We have yet to trace it down, but it would appear that our son, or the couple that share his house, still has one of ours.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Kevin thanks for your nice comments and critique.

I like the overall improvement on the James Craig shot but not the Opera house.

I think that we all use different PP programs, and monitors as well as calibration devices, so we cannot always achieve and see the same result. I also think personal tastes are slightly different in what we like in our pictures.

As I said earlier I had a lot of pictures to PP and maybe my pictures did not get as saturated as I did. LOL

Lou
Ha ha - I hear you Lou !

That is definitely true - I like strong colours and use a Mac, I'm sure other people may like their shots less saturated and if viewing on a different monitor / laptop everything may look completely different.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 5:43 AM   #15

Lou thanks for letting me visit Australia through your shots, it's on my wishlist (but that is already large enough to fill a small room)

Great series, and those tiles are a great abstract and a piece of info.

Cheers

Ronny
Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:44 AM   #16

Thanks Ronny, I hope you get to all the places on your wish list.

The tiles and shape of the Opera House presented so many nice patterns and photo opportunities. I could have stayed there all day shooting. When our nights were free we were drawn back there like a magnet.

Lou