Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:26 PM   #1

Default Farewell Australia

These are my last pictures from Australia. We visited the Blue Mountains but my pictures that day were lost as I formatted my card thinking I had backed them up and had not.

There are more Australia pictures but they were of Flower and Fauna and I will post them in a separate thread after my NZ shots.

Sydney by day consisted of a tour of the Opera House, followed by a luncheon cruise through Sydney Harbor and then a bus tour of the City and a visit to Bondi beach.

Sydney Harbor Bridge

Rear of the Opera House as seen from our cruise ship

The tiles up close. Because the roof is covered in ceramic tiles it is self cleaning with each rain storm.

The inside is as spectacular as the outside. We were not allowed to take photos in the individual theaters and halls. The symphony hall was spectacular.

The James Craig is an Iron Barque that was built in 1874 and originally named Clan Macleod. Her sad ending came when she broke her mooring and went aground in Tasmania. She was lifted from the bottom in 1972 and completely restored.

More pictures are in the Zenfolio link below:
http://keltech.zenfolio.com/p822521577

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:20 PM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Beautiful images of the harbor bridge and the operal house Lou. I understand Sydney airport also has a great airplane viewing location...another reason I need to visit there

I enjoyed the travels to Australia through your images which you captrued so well.

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:11 PM   #3

Some lovely images there, Lou. You did great. I love the architecture of all the different buildings. Very interesting. You also captured the surfers well. I can never manage no matter how many times I try.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:12 PM   #4

Thanks for "taking us along" on this great trip! Some excellent photos in this set - you captured the lines and angles so well! Beautiful job!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:31 PM   #5

Very nice shots again Lou. The shot of the ceramic tiles really held my attention - I like that, as did those fluffy clouds through the window of the SOH.

However, I did think some of the shots could use a little more PP, so to see if this was correct I took two that I liked and did my usual 10 secs 'makeover' (Auto Curves, Definition +0.1, Vibrancy +0.05). Hope you don't mind - what do you think ?
Attached Images

Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:52 PM   #6

Lou those are all nice shots! I'd love to go there sometime. Regarding the formatted card, there are recovery programs can restore your pictures. Even on a formatted card. You'd be surprised at what they bring back.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:14 PM   #7

Lou, I have thoroughly enjoyed your tour of Australia, a nation that has always fascinated me. Now, I can't wait to see your NZ shots.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Beautiful images of the harbor bridge and the operal house Lou. I understand Sydney airport also has a great airplane viewing location...another reason I need to visit there

I enjoyed the travels to Australia through your images which you captrued so well.

Jehan
Jehan - Thanks for your nice comments.

The airports in Australia were all efficient and easy to use. I was not at any of them long enough to be able to shoot any airplane pictures, so I can't confirm or deny if access to taking them is available.

Lou
Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Some lovely images there, Lou. You did great. I love the architecture of all the different buildings. Very interesting. You also captured the surfers well. I can never manage no matter how many times I try.

Patty
Patty thanks for taking the time to comment.

The sigma 10-20 I think was built for the Sydney Opera House. It gave me some great shots both from inside and out, but especially to get large enough to capture the interior. The Utzen mural that Evelyn is standing in front of is enormous. It is a great lens for architecture.

The surfers were taken with the 80-400 and I was at water's edge.

Lou
Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:49 AM   #10

Mole - Glad to have been able to show you this magnificent country through my cameras lens. Thanks for your kind comments!

Paul - Thanks for all your comments. I know you have been patiently waiting for the NZ shots and they are soon to be up. The second day will show the Maori Haka dance shots.

Lou