Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 15, 2010, 7:37 AM   #1

Default Change: It's inevitable!

Any preference? Was out walking about, when I notice some leaves chaninging colour!!! August 15th and some leaves are already changing colour... But, not to worry, unless I am in denial, 99% of leaves are still green here in central Finland.

I took this photo with the sun behind the leaf.

All the best.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2010, 2:05 PM   #2

At the moment it's raining in Holland looks like the fall is waiting to make its entrance.
I like the first photo the best because the leaf stands out more.
P.s sometimes the fall brings along better pictures than the summer
Old Aug 15, 2010, 2:19 PM   #3

Hmmm. I tend to agree, I sort of like the first photo more, my wife "really" likes the second... thus my reason for asking which is best.

Many thanks, JC, so good hear from you, too. I have been wondering at times how you are doing with your K-x. Hope you are enjoying it. I have a new Pentax, too. For me, it has been great, I have been experimenting with all of the modes, there are also exposure modes to consider.. and different ways to handly Autofocus... Not a bad idea to take notes... I also like the 5 different EV shots the camera takes... There are just so many features...

Many thanks and all the best.

Ned
Old Aug 15, 2010, 3:38 PM   #4

I like it, Ned. On my monitor at home there doesn't look like there's much difference, not enough for me to decide one is better than the other (at least to my eye). We are still waiting for summer to REALLY hit - it's been quite mild so far. They are saying it should be hot today and early this week. Actually, I've been enjoying the mild weather, I'm not looking forward to the heat we should get any day now. And then there's the fall when we get the hot winds that bring what they now call "fire weather".
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2010, 3:43 PM   #5

The first one looks more natural - the shadow areas on the leaf don't look right in the second one - the one on the right even looks like it has a coating of mold!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2010, 3:51 PM   #6

That settles it... number one it is. Many thanks all
Old Aug 16, 2010, 6:41 AM   #7

Both are fine photos - great use of the light & shadow, and fine eye for composition as always. Am seeing this on a rather dark monitor, and so like #2 better. But it might be different were I at a better monitor...

ps - We have had a long hot dry spell, and so are seeing a number of leaves turning & dropping early.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:27 AM   #8

Hi Mole, and thanks for your comments! Yeah, along with Russia next door, we're really having some dry weather too... worst weather in terms of heat in over a hundred years. New last week wrote that Finnish crops are a disaster. In addition to the heat in the day, last night was wicked cold... leaves will really start to change at the end of the month.

Take care and thanks again.

Ned