Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:47 AM   #21

supershots, the first one in the reflections and the reflection is stunning, the other shots are only perfect
Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:24 PM   #22

Hey, Harriet.
Just a note regarding the Shelby Cobra:
The Shelby Cobra got its start in the early 60's when an Ex-racer Named Carroll Shelby, contacted a British car maker (Auto Carriers Ltd) and asked if they would modify there A.C. Ace sport car to accept a small block Ford V8. He wanted to build something that could compete with and beat the Chevy Corvette. Long story short, they did and he did. the rest is history... it was raced successfully by many privateers and went on to win races all the way into the 1970s. The AC 427 Cobra, although a commercial failure when in production, has now become one of the most sought-after and replicated automobiles ever.
It was produced in two versions, a street model with a tamer motor, optional dual carburetors, a glove box and exhaust running under the car and a competition version with a stripped interior, no glove box, different instrument layout and revised suspension. The competition version also had a more powerful motor with only one carburetor, side exhausts, a roll bar and wider fenders to accommodate racing tires. At the end in 1966, Shelby was left with 31 unsold competition cars; he decided to sell them to the general public under the name of Cobra 427 S/C or Super Competition. Today these S/C cars are the most sought after models and can sell in excess of 1.5 million dollars.
Carroll Shelby sold the Cobra name to Ford in 1965 and went on to develop the famed racing GT40.

Meanwhile, AC went on producing a milder version of the 427 MK III Cobra for the European market fitted with the small block Ford motor. The car was called the AC 289 and 27 were produced.
Just thought you might like to know.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:43 PM   #23

GW

Thanks for the history lesson on the Cobra. Very interesting!!

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:53 AM   #24

Thanks for the extra information, GW - I've just posted another shot of the Shelby which shows the 427 - take a look at it and let me know what you think of it. All I can say is that while I'd never spend a million for a car, I sure wouldn't mind owning a car styled like this - it's very pretty.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:03 AM   #25

H:

Where do you post the Shot??

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:45 AM   #26

Phil - it's in a separate thread, http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pe...ts-oh-nos.html .
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote