Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:44 PM   #11

Really frustrating - I'm sure this is a fine series but for 90% of the shots this is all I can see (below) - it is only happening on this site (the images are loading incredibly fast - which is probably part of the problem) - anyone any ideas as to what is happening ? Sorry Mole - don't want to hijack your thread !
Attached Images

Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Really frustrating - I'm sure this is a fine series but for 90% of the shots this is all I can see (below) - it is only happening on this site (the images are loading incredibly fast - which is probably part of the problem) - anyone any ideas as to what is happening ? Sorry Mole - don't want to hijack your thread !
I hope it is something external, like your cable service. Macs are getting so popular that hackers will be targeting them with viruses, if they haven't been already. Make sure you have downloaded the latest security update from Apple (I just got one yesterday).

Mole, it is a bug eat bug world out there, isn't it? You are observant to find and document these little dramas and then skillfully weave them into your essays.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:17 PM   #13

Another absolutely wonderful series, Mole. Your photo essays make me wonder how many fascinating survival dramas I walk right past whenever I tramp through the woods and open fields. I'll have to make a concentrated effort to pay closer attention to all the small details.

Regarding the Clematis, I think it's a very nice shot. But the bright green background does pull the eye away from the flower. A quick levels adjustment could make the white flower stand out by making it a bit brighter. But that would probably also brighten the green background, which might still out-compete the main subject for the viewer's attention. I'm sure it would be possible to select just the white flowers and do a levels adjustment on only that portion of the photo, but now we're getting beyond the limits of my very basic photo editing skills. If my suggestion has any merit at all, I hope a more knowledgeable member will chime in with more specific suggestions.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:21 PM   #14

The first 2 deer shots just pop. And the berry shot is excellent. Thanks for shearing
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:45 PM   #15

and clone out the pole and lines to get a better old looking view.... Great Shots Mole the deer are a really good set!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
I hope it is something external, like your cable service. Macs are getting so popular that hackers will be targeting them with viruses, if they haven't been already. Make sure you have downloaded the latest security update from Apple (I just got one yesterday).

Mole, it is a bug eat bug world out there, isn't it? You are observant to find and document these little dramas and then skillfully weave them into your essays.
Thanks Penolta - but it's only this site for some reason (just tried Pentax forums again - no problem whatsoever).
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:20 AM   #17

Ditto.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Thanks Penolta - but it's only this site for some reason (just tried Pentax forums again - no problem whatsoever).
To avoid hijacking this thread I PM'd you some suggestions - check your private messages.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:16 PM   #19

Mole series after series you post the most incredible shots and informative narrative. You've done it again!

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 4:40 PM   #20

Phenomenal detail as always!

The spider, acorn and first photo are just amazing.
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote