Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:19 PM   #41

Wonderful images from everyone here....

However, I have to add for DAZ with his reference to Ivers, I found Iver's clam chowder at Costco, and my wife lived off of it this last winter.

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:53 PM   #42
daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by interested_observer View Post
However, I have to add for DAZ with his reference to Ivers, I found Iver's clam chowder at Costco, and my wife lived off of it this last winter.

Yes the fresh clam chowder at the restaurant is even better then the canned. I had the clam chowder and the Fresh Alaskan Snow Pass Apple Smoked Coho with Strawberry sambal vinaigrette, 12 star balsamic syrup, fingerling potatoes, sautéed spinach.

I was half way to having eaten it all down when it accrued to me I should have taken a photo of my dinner for the challenge. But then it was to late.

The Mukilteo Iver’s is one of the best seafood restaurants in the Puget Sound.

Keep Clam.

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 1:31 AM   #43

Welcome back Keith - Blackpool has never looked so good

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:28 AM   #44

Default Tree Relection...

Ok guys I got one for the challenge.........
Attached Images

bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 6:52 AM   #45

Some more wonderful work here - thanks all for continuing to post these great & varied examples! (And a big "welcome back" to Keith).

Remember there's only a few days left until the end of the month - don't forget to post your September Challenge photo!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:58 PM   #46

Yikes! I had hoped I'd have time this month to go out and play with this challenge. Now the month is almost over. I'd better get busy.

There are some amazing photos this month. I have some ideas, but none compare to what's already here. This is going to be a rough month to vote.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 7:05 PM   #47

I really liked the roller coaster picture, but I was feeling guilty not having taken a shot for this particular challenge. This morning I woke up to some sunshine in the living room so this is what came out. Again, DL with kit lens.

Last edited by Lyrics51; Sep 29, 2010 at 1:07 PM. Reason: changed picture
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:42 PM   #48

Went for a long ride today and happened to be out during the golden hour. I have some other attempts I'll post in another thread once I process. But, to make sure I get something out here, this is my submittal for now.

Stopped to use the restroom in a small town hardware store, only to find a huge sign on the door that said "no public restrooms! Don't even ask." When I turned to leave the porch, I saw this bench with the shadows falling across it.

Patty
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:49 PM   #49

well i have missed sunset/rise several times and for first time actually saw it set while I was free and had camera.

heres my entry until tuesday, I plan to shoot more then but well see

might look familiar just stuck it in another post. either way, I liked the symmetry in the shadows and the stance.

nice images everyone
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:46 PM   #50

OK, I didn't get anything fantastic but, I think it portrays the golden hour better than my first one did. This will be my entry.
Taken with the DA12-24mm Manual mode ISO 200 F:13 1second shutter.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote