Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:50 PM   #51

Hey Patty, I just read your comment about no public restrooms. That's unreal, believe it or not, that would be against the law in Florida! Any public business has to have them.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:59 PM   #52

It's getting late in the month, and I haven't taken any shots I'm really pleased with, but I thought this shot was at least okay. Yesterday I was out doing some work at a small cottage in Maine, when I noticed the late afternoon sun on the far shoreline of the pond. The composition would have been better if the kayaker had been closer, but that was entirely beyond my control.
Attached Images

mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:02 AM   #53

You call that a pond ! that would be a good sized lake to me !

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:52 AM   #54

Rain, rain, rain... that's all I get here for days now . I guess there won't be another chance to go out and take some more "golden hour" images.

So I'll change my entry again. Reason: my "Eyes half shut" series and all the work behind is the result of that challenge. It kinda represents my tries to "catch" the feeling of the golden hour. Sure - it's just one way to see it, but still it comes much closer than the panorama I posted before. I'll choose the last of the 4 pics as my challenge entry (although #3 is also high on my list to be honest... but it's one pic only):

You may have a look at the whole series here, if you are interested: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pe...lden-hour.html

Sorry for the indecision, I hope I didn't confuse you too much in the end.

@NMRecording
I like the feeling in your entry.

@Kashka
How warm/cold was it when you took the image?

Kind regards,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:24 PM   #55

Just a quick reminder - September is almost over!

PS - I will be VERY BUSY for the rest of this week preparing for a park special event on Saturday, but will try my best to stop by and begin the voting process...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:10 PM   #56

Default Sunrise over Saddleback Mountain

After a solid month of morning Marine Layer clouds and fog, we had two days of brutal cloudless sunny skies and "mild" Santa Ana conditions (yesterday in LA an all time high temperature of 113ºF was recorded before the Weather Bureau's thermometer gave up the ghost and stopped working). This morning we finally had some broken high clouds move in and I saw a sunrise worth photographing (of course by the time I ran to get my camera the brilliant reds had all faded, but at least I got something to enter). It was truly a golden hour!

The higher of Saddleback Mountain's two peaks is Modjeska PeaK, in the Santa Ana Mountains, named after Madame Helena Modjeska, a once famous Shakespearean actress. Her former home in Modjeska Canyon is now a bird sanctuary, famous for its very active hummingbird and other bird feeders that are visible from an enclosed viewing porch and attract a wide variety of easily observed birds.

Name:  IMGP1113rs.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  29.8 KB

Last edited by penolta; Sep 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:14 PM   #57

Another attempt. This topic was driving me to distraction, or possibly abstraction. Tonights sunset glow, reflected from the closed down building next door, turned a blue building to gold.
Attached Images

FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, FA 80-320mm f4.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:25 PM   #58

I've changed my mind about which to submit. Here's my new entry, shot Saturday late afternoon/early evening while walking the beach in Oceanside.

"Daddy, I love you THIS much!"

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:03 AM   #59

This one is the one for me.
Attached Images

Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus
http://razzi.me/zuken
Zuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:54 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Just a quick reminder - September is almost over!

PS - I will be VERY BUSY for the rest of this week preparing for a park special event on Saturday, but will try my best to stop by and begin the voting process...
Thanks for the reminder, Mole.

My vote is for pboerger photo (the creek/river with beautiful gold...). I think it is a photo that reflects this month's challenge very well.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote