Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:49 AM   #81

I have been informed that I am the problem, in that my entry was not taken in the last 90 days. It has been withdrawn. I apologize for wasting your time and your votes. I often tell people to read the manual and I should have read the rules. Duh.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:55 AM   #82

Well, no worries, mate. Nevertheless, thanks... and, I still think your photo was fantastic...

Since your photo is withdrawn, as good as it was... my vote goes to Mole... the gold on that jok'n cow is a excellent example, to me, of the "Golden hours"

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:45 AM   #83
daz

I'm going to go with mtngal for this one.

DAZ
Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:00 AM   #84

pboerger that is Ok. It was a great picture; "Excellent" definitely.

Now my Vote goes to Thkn777's.

Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus
http://razzi.me/zuken
Zuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:52 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Have received some information from one of the forum moderators that there may be a problem with an entry in the contest. Will let everyone know as soon as this is resolved - we may have to re-do the voting...
I think we are OK - of the 5 voters for the problem photo, two have revoted, two had posted second choices, which we could legitimately use, leaving only one vote uncorrected. Unless there is a winner by only one vote there should be no problem, unless we enforce the 800 width limit - there are some over that (including mine at 900 which no one voted for), and one of the higher vote getters is at 1024). I don't think size should be that much of a problem, as the photo could be reduced and still be eligible, while there is no way to legitimately change a date. If we had to revote, it would intrude on the time alloted for the next month's contest.

Perhaps we also should consider adding a requirement to future contests that all entries include the EXIF file or added pertinent information, as several of the ones entered in this one do not, and it is hardly fair to disqualify one when others cannot be verified. I do not mean to imply dishonesty on anyone's part, but it is easy to be careless, as I have been, and overlook a date (or other requirement) or fail to remember accurately in the absence of the EXIF.

Last edited by penolta; Oct 5, 2010 at 11:20 AM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:52 PM   #86

Now my Vote also goes to Thkn777's
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:17 AM   #87

Ok, please change my vote to "thkn777"
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:45 AM   #88

First a quick note to Pboerger: Thanks so much for your courage and quick, honest response. Yours was a great photo, and I am so sorry that the 90 day rule disqualified it. I know I have often misread or missed little details before, and will probably do it again many more times! Sure do hope you will continue to post many more of your great photos here!

Next a question - what do folks think about Penolta's idea that future contests should include a summary of the exif data with each photo? At a minimum, to include which camera & lens were used, F stop & shutter speed, and date & time taken...

And now for the most important - announcing the winner:
There were so many amazing photos posted by so many amazing photographers, and the voting was very close. But it looks like we do have a winner. If I have tabulated things correctly, the winner is

THNKN777

Congratulations!!!

Now we're all anxiously awaiting your October challenge!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:27 AM   #89

Congratilation to THNKN777

I will agreed with Penolta, but if you take a look at my entry, it was cropped with LR and exported. You can see that the EXIF data is gone, not even the author show up, and I didn't realize that, until Penolta make a comment on that.
We will need to check for the EXIF information before we upload the image. If the picture is upload without EXIF data, someone have to notify the author to reload or will not count for voting.
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus
http://razzi.me/zuken

Last edited by Zuken; Oct 6, 2010 at 9:36 AM.
Zuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:01 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
First a quick note to Pboerger: Thanks so much for your courage and quick, honest response. Yours was a great photo, and I am so sorry that the 90 day rule disqualified it. I know I have often misread or missed little details before, and will probably do it again many more times! Sure do hope you will continue to post many more of your great photos here!

Next a question - what do folks think about Penolta's idea that future contests should include a summary of the exif data with each photo? At a minimum, to include which camera & lens were used, F stop & shutter speed, and date & time taken...

And now for the most important - announcing the winner:
There were so many amazing photos posted by so many amazing photographers, and the voting was very close. But it looks like we do have a winner. If I have tabulated things correctly, the winner is

THNKN777

Congratulations!!!

Now we're all anxiously awaiting your October challenge!
Firstly congratulations to Thnkn777 for a great shot !

Commiserations to PBoerger - it's easily done, time flies. A lovely shot though.

Mole - I like the idea that people should post a) only one entry per competition (but they can change it during the course of the month if they wish and b) everyone must post the minimum of Exif info as you listed, Penolta suggested. Probably people would then notice if the shot didn't meet the 90 day rule - it's very easy to forget.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote