Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:15 PM   #11

Frogfish: thanks! i do like to play around with the focus a bit in Macro. i only have one lens: it is a Sigma 28-80, F3.5 which can be converted to macro focus as well.
Goldwinger: thanks! yes, i do believe that poor butterfly is looking a little ragged (and is probably only still alive because of those now missing eye spots!)
Mtnman: thanks! yes, that is one of the things that i found fascinating about the views on this hike. i plan to go back when the trees are in fall foliage, and take some photos then as well.
Lou: thanks! you're welcome along any time i go hiking : )
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:16 PM   #12

Frogfish: is this what you were picturing as a panorama?
Attached Images

Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:49 PM   #13

A lovely series - the views are fabulous! So much green, makes me jealous. I'd say that butterfly has had its fair share of battles.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vole View Post
Frogfish: is this what you were picturing as a panorama?
Close. I envisioned a little less sky and including the boats on the river in the scene.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 6:38 AM   #15

Vole - Another beautiful series - showcasing your region of Tennessee very well!
Of course I love all the scenic shots of your plateau country - such rich landscapes! Great captures of the rock textures as well...
That poor little Buckeye butterfly has indeed had a tough life - some of the raggedness is surely from missed attempts from bird beaks, and some may be from disputes with other Buckeyes (they're rather aggressive little creatures). Great job getting so close with that short little lens, and capturing the color & action!
Flowers are all rich in color and, of course, excellent composition. Not sure what the white flowers are, but others are goldenrod, aster, mt mint and wild sunflower. All (as you suggested) late season bloomers.
And your lizard friend is so cute!!

Thanks for showing us a great hike!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote