Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:12 PM   #11

Default Part 2

Ok i was going to do a separate thread for Part 2 but seemed silly in the end so here we go again picking up from where I left off with another shot of the
Lancaster bomber

Next display was from an F16, I'm not sure which variant and i didn't catch which airforce it belonged too so if anyone can recognise the rather destinctive paint job on this aircraft let me know.

F16

Dropping decoy flares.

Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:13 PM   #12

Cont....

This aerobatics team was made up all from ex-RAF pilots infact all ex Red Arrows pilots, they were amazing to watch sadly it doesn't come through in static pictures nearly aswell as it did in motion, should have switched over to video mode! =) And due to an untimely memory card pit stop i missed it when they made the tail of the airplane come over the nose in a summersault type manuever that was hard to believe. Regardless i give you
The Blades

Next up after the blades was the Harrier jump jet - known for its ability to take off and land vertically and to hover in the air - always a crowd pleaser at airshows but is very VERY noisy was quite windy so didn't really get the full display but it did afew passes and hovered along the flightline.

Harrier

Pentax Photo Gallery
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:13 PM   #13

Cont...

After the Harrier went onto a display of 4 Hawker Hunters and then some Tornados and possibly even another Typhoon display but we had descided to try and get out before the hoardes...much good it did us though still took us 3 hours to get home

Anyway hope you have all enjoyed my trip to RAF Leuchars almost as much as i did.
Pentax Photo Gallery
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:54 PM   #14

Very interesting series, very enjoying to view. Thanks for shearing.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:02 PM   #15

Outstanding! You did a great job. So many keepers with moving targets. I'm impressed.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Outstanding! You did a great job. So many keepers with moving targets. I'm impressed.

Patty
=) if i told you i took over a 1000 pictures that day would you still think it so remarkable =) hehehe and raw processing saved quite afew of these - shooting into the sky with high speed moving targets hard to get the exposure compensation right - one minute they are in bright sunlight the next in or under cloud - i tended to set about a +1 to +1.7 exposure compensation but over did it for the most part but thankfully most were safely in range of raw's net =)
Pentax Photo Gallery
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:08 PM   #17

As others have said, this is an awesome series. You did a great job with these very fast moving subjects. Four or five years ago, before I had a DSLR, the Air Force Thunderbirds came to Vermont. I tried to take photos with my Panasonic FZ30 -- it was hopeless. EVF superzoom cameras are great for many purposes, but they fail miserably when trying to catch fast moving action. You did a great job with these!
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:36 PM   #18

John, it's hard to add anything that hasn't been said, but I enjoyed all your shots very much, especially the Typhoon. Awesome aircraft.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:06 AM   #19

Outstanding photos of an amazing event. Thanks for sharing the fruits of your talents & labor!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:09 AM   #20

Love airshows, only got to one this year. Great series and I really like the shots of the Red Arrows and the smoke trails.