Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:23 PM   #21

No need to apologize, it was a good read with some interesting points. I have to admit I've used the 'sunset' mode on my E-500 once, not because I couldn't have chosen the settings myself but because it was easier. I imagine that is how most people who use DSLRs shoot. For most people it's just a fancy P&S camera. In some ways it comes down to a matter of time for me. I could spend the time learning creative ways to use the modes and filters if I actually had a camera with them, or i could go out and shoot. I'd rather do the latter but you've given me food for thought when the weather sucks and I can't shoot anyway.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 1:28 AM   #22

I think John has nailed it there with his :

I imagine that is how most people who use DSLRs shoot. For most people it's just a fancy P&S camera.

I noticed so many people at the World Expo - averaging about 450,000 people a day through the gates, so you can imagine the cameras too - just using them in P&S mode but also, it seems, as status symbols. When people have the money they don't want a bag camera.

Great read Scott. I have clipped your waterfall advice for future reference.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:54 AM   #23

I am aware of the use of muliple exposure to get fluidity in moving subjscts....ingenious indeed..........and I do play around with the various filters and settings............alot of fun indeed..........but........when it comes to being serious with my camera its back to basics..........

i guess that since the highest film frame rate being quoted so far is 8 frames by a very expensive nikon we are doing quite well to get aprox 5 frames a second out of the lowly Kx !
bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:39 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bock1965 View Post
I am aware of the use of muliple exposure to get fluidity in moving subjscts....ingenious indeed..........and I do play around with the various filters and settings............alot of fun indeed..........but........when it comes to being serious with my camera its back to basics..........

i guess that since the highest film frame rate being quoted so far is 8 frames by a very expensive nikon we are doing quite well to get aprox 5 frames a second out of the lowly Kx !
I think people who shot extensively and for many years with 35mm slr's have more profound appreciation of the capabilities of a digital slr, not only for the fps shooting ability, but for the increased level of control over the image capturing process as well. Even three fps is really good compared to the 35mm cameras. I think we may be getting spoiled...

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote