Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1

Default K2000 question

So I was looking at some Mirror lenses, and ran across someone saying to be careful it will fit on the camera body. So looking at my k2000 I noticed that the flash hangs over the top of the lens, and the battery area/hand grip off to the one side.
So how big a problem is this if one was interested in say something like a 500mm mirror lens? Any difference if one had to use a M42 to K-mount adapter as well for the lens?
fofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2010, 5:45 AM   #2

Another K-2000/K-M user here, but can't really help much with your question. The M42 to K-mount adapter does not seem to take up any extra space or make any difference in ability to mount lenses, but I've never tried to mount a mirror lens on my K-M....
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:24 AM   #3

Hi fofa,

I have a Tamron SP 500 f8 Cat (Adaptall 2), and there is no clearance problem with it at all on any of my Pentax bodies (DS, K100DS, K10, K20, K-7). I've seen examples of the overhang problem, but I believe that this was with a bigger and faster lens. I've heard of no problems with the SP 350 f5.6 either, but the others, especially the more obscure ones, I have no idea. The Tamron 500 is probably the most available of the high quality Cats out there, and as long as you are aware of the limitations of a mirror lens, I'd recommend it. You will need a P/K or P/KA adapter for it, and the much more expensive P/KA is not necessary since it's a fixed aperture lens.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:10 PM   #4

What is the cable required to connect my K2000 to the PC?
It appears it uses the micro usb cable my phone (motorola droid) uses, but hate to plug that in and blow something up.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:20 AM   #5

Fofa - again I can't be of much help - I always use a card reader to download photos (less likely to lose pictures if camera batteries are low). But I believe it is a standard micro USB cable...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:58 AM   #6

I use my built in card reader, but it only handles up to 2GB. I wanted to buy a larger SD card, and on my Camcorder I use it to transfer video's from it's 8GB card. Figured I could use the 2GB for everyday, and buy a bigger one for when it was required, basically.