Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:27 AM   #21

ira,
i know what you need. the s7000 would help a lot as a teaching tool when your students have only a P&S and wanting a dslr.
i also still use my s7000 but not as much as my wife. it's a fine camera.. at only 6megs it's also great for P&S cams as it's not too cranked up with too many megs on a P&S.. mine still works great.. it's real forte is it's macro ability..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumnut View Post
i use to use a f**i but saw the error of my ways years ago (and its broken)

if there are no trees
what do dogs use?

comfy chair and soft pillow, lol i will have to look that up on youtube again

so Ira and BK, you are going to call it a draw then ?
Lots of nervous dogs heer looking for rocks and truck tires.

A draw! There are so many other Monty Python sketches that we haven't even touched on yet. After all the chief element is surprise... the two chief elements are surprise and a fanatical devotion to... Oops, carried away again.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by robar View Post
ira,
i know what you need. the s7000 would help a lot as a teaching tool when your students have only a P&S and wanting a dslr.
i also still use my s7000 but not as much as my wife. it's a fine camera.. at only 6megs it's also great for P&S cams as it's not too cranked up with too many megs on a P&S.. mine still works great.. it's real forte is it's macro ability..
Except for the slow start up and other p&s sluggishness it is still a fine camera and the macro mode is far more than any of my Pentax lenses can supply. As a teaching tool it has all of the necessary features and is still light and sturdy enough to be used by junior high kids.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:35 PM   #24

My, what I miss while going through treatments. Because I'm finally feeling a little better (for a little while at least), I will vote to give you a break. I mean YOU did make the decision to go to that deserted place. And, YOU did decide to take that "other" camera with you. Hmmm, now that I think about it...... maybe the gallows are the place for you! There's got to be a tree somewhere there.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monza76 View Post
Lots of nervous dogs heer looking for rocks and truck tires.

A draw! There are so many other Monty Python sketches that we haven't even touched on yet. After all the chief element is surprise... the two chief elements are surprise and a fanatical devotion to... Oops, carried away again.

Ira

Be Careful or we will force you to go to the "Ministry Of Silly Walks" and finally we will take you out to Eat "Spam"
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Ira

Be Careful or we will force you to go to the "Ministry Of Silly Walks" and finally we will take you out to Eat "Spam"
Be careful or I will send the Piranha brothers around to revoke your fish licence (for your pet fish Eric) and nail your head to the floor.

Old Oct 9, 2010, 1:21 AM   #27

i fear someone will need self defence lessons against fruit

and now for something complety different and off topic
Monty Python made its debut on television when the very first episode of Monty Python’s Flying Circus was aired on the BBC on 5 October 1969.
the 5th of October how spooky is that??
Old Oct 9, 2010, 1:56 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumnut View Post
i fear someone will need self defence lessons against fruit

and now for something complety different and off topic
Monty Python made its debut on television when the very first episode of Monty Pythonís Flying Circus was aired on the BBC on 5 October 1969.
the 5th of October how spooky is that??
Some things defy logic, such as most Python sketches. I guess we had somehow tapped into the anniversary of this hallowed event in the comedy universe and channeled it into our present situation. Either that or we have entered into a cheese shop without any clear evidence of cheese.

Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:52 PM   #29

Cheese shop with no cheese! Looks it! Hey speaking of "other cameras" The other day I was visiting steves and I think I was abducted by aliens because one minute I was wlking in Pentax land and suddenly found myself in NIkon land. To my horror I found out that Steves is not just a Pentax site! I had no idea there were people on the other side of the island! And that they used cameras other than Pentax! At first I was not even sure that their crude looking machines were even able to produce acceptable images. Acceptable to a caveman maybe but to we Pentaxians?.........hhhmmm Then just as suddenly I found myself safely back in the land of Pentax......whew what a frightening journey! LOL
Over the past few years I have had an ixla an hp a canon and a kodak PS. To me having different brands of PS cameras is not a big issue since usually in my case the camera itself is the only thing in the system. But on the other hand when you are growing an slr system it is wise to stick to a particular brand or so it seems to me. Chiefly due to finances. Outfitting more than one SLR system could get seriously expensive! Now back to the business at hand......I think we ought to do our own version of the reality TV show Mantracker where we hunt you down and sacrifice your "other" camera to the auction gods of ebay!!! Then it will no longer haunt your dreams and we will have performed a successful intervention! So hide way up north if you will but we will find you.........and when we do!!! chris

Last edited by bock1965; Oct 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM.
bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote