Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:16 PM   #31

well its not a 2.8 but you DO know about the new pentax DA 18-135 ED AL IF DC lens right?
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1th View Post
Realistically need ...

You mean, apart from replacing the kit glass (18 - 55) that came with the GX-10 and a Bigma (because I love long lenses) and a fast F1.7 50mm?

Well, I think I'd start with the K-5 plus kit lenses. In fact, I might just do that! Or at least start saving for one. Should be able to afford one of those in a decade or so (I'm not very good at that saving lark - keep spending it on other things).

In the real world, I think the fast 50mm might be a real purchase at some point
Do Pentax DSLRS have the ability to calibrate focus? If not i would be hesitant to buy a Bigma. My Sigma 135-400 has definite front focus issues and I know I'm not alone.

john
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:40 PM   #33

not sure about older ones but the k7 and k5 you can adjust the focus for about 10 different lenses indivually or adjust all lenses globally
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:17 PM   #34

I am aware of the new Pentax 18-135, but I'm looking for a wide range low light lens. With the Kx and its incredible high ISO capability, it is a possible option.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:24 AM   #35

Hmmmmm..... like GW says....you're kidding, right? What I want? Every time I see a really nice lens or camera body, I want it....lol.

I am actually in far better shape than I ever thought I would be on lenses. I can cover everythiing from 16mm to 135 with a fast focusing f/2.8 or faster. I have the long end covered with my Bigma and the Tamron 70-300. I have a FE and a 100mm 1:1 macro.....How can I claim I want more? It almost sounds greedy....

However, Gordon Gecko said "Greed is good!" So, my list includes some nice Alien Bees lights, and the additional accutrement required to turn them into a mobile studio. Even more than that, how about a free facility that I can set up a small studio? Don't think it's gonna happen too soon.....

So, I'd settle for a new K-5 or K-r and more time to master what I already have.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:56 PM   #36

Just saw this post. This sounds fun!

I'm really leaning towards getting the Pentax 10-17 fisheye. I think I'd have a lot of fun with this lens.

Would like something like a 70-200 f2.8 to take better pictures of my daughter in gymnastics. But probably will live with upgrading my camera from 6 mega-pixels to something higher and just crop with my 28-105 f2.8 and live with it.

And I'm thinking that I'm finally going to get around to getting a split focus screen for my Pentax K100d so I can finally have a chance to focus my manual lenses better. 50mm f1.8 / 100mm f4 macro / 70-210mm f4 and play with them a lot more.

Take care, Glen
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:41 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticdesigns View Post
Just saw this post. This sounds fun!

I'm really leaning towards getting the Pentax 10-17 fisheye. I think I'd have a lot of fun with this lens.

Would like something like a 70-200 f2.8 to take better pictures of my daughter in gymnastics. But probably will live with upgrading my camera from 6 mega-pixels to something higher and just crop with my 28-105 f2.8 and live with it.

And I'm thinking that I'm finally going to get around to getting a split focus screen for my Pentax K100d so I can finally have a chance to focus my manual lenses better. 50mm f1.8 / 100mm f4 macro / 70-210mm f4 and play with them a lot more.

Take care, Glen
i was wanting a f2.8 70-200mm lens too but in the end descided that i would get the 60-250mm DA* lens - sure its not as fast but as i have the K-5 in my want list too the higher iso performance means that can easily get away with the f4 aperture and gives me more flexibility in terms of focal length - going to upload afew images to my first impressions thread on the lens in afew mins - they aren't very exciting and since taken at iso 800 on k-7 there is some noise in there but think you can see the lens is pretty sharp and has lovely bokeh from them
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote