Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:31 PM   #11

FUnnily enough, I stumbled accross the same commercial only they edited out "vivitar" and popped the word Kodak in its place.

Some goon out there must have a garage full of "new" crappy cameras, just as billy implied.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:58 PM   #12

All I can do is shake my head.
The really sad part is there are people that will buy them.
who was it that said there's a sucker born every minuet.

Bock, I feel your pain buddy, some folk just refuse to learn new stuff.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:00 PM   #13

Some were just no t set to use the future products I guess... DOnt feel bad I was tired of seeing my son do some things one line with his computer drawings but after a while of his own fiddling he figured it out... that was before he would go in and do graphics. Now he does them but that is it I done some of my own computer edited drawings via mouse and made movies some of us are just darn smart that we figure it out but they do have an idea here come one see the businesses that have gone cold stone dead how many of you care to stand in line at Walmart to get your shots done what has happened to the Kodak shacks huh.... they turned them into coffee stands of course... when I wanted a dig cam they were to much and I was still shooting some great shots in 35mm so some times one or the other is best... Course some of them pocket digs became afford able and they did not work at all... greedy buzzards some were... I laughed... I my self have to add I was computer savvy before computers hit the homes... back when they had those big discs I said they will make them smaller and use them with computers... again before computers hit the homes.... MY MOM worked some where that she got a bunch of computer cards ... she made some wall hanging it hung for many years in her room came out for Xmas I am hooked up to one my self darn my dads cousin worked in Gov computers whats new with every one....

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Sep 22, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:16 PM   #14

Hey now, I buy new cards when one gets full! I've got 4, 8 gig a 4 gig and a 2 gig. And I still need more. It's not so much skill one needs but also time. Takes a long time to sort thru 700+ pics on a card. Plus they're all RAW and need to be developed. That's actually one of the appeals of film, you get 24-36 shots and when you get to the end someone else does the work for you. Until you decide the negatives need to be scanned that is.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 3:35 PM   #15

If I bought a new card every time one gets full I would have a shoe box full of cards. Yes it does take alot of time to go through the pics and process them. But you can dump them onto your computer, erase the cards and then keep shooting. No need to buy new cards when one is full. That is unless you fill one up while away from your computer then you might need to buy another on the fly. I once had to buy a new one because I had left the others by the computer! On several other occaisions my wife took the card out of the camera to put the pics on the computer then I grabbed the camera to go somewhere only to find there was no card............ah its the little things that make life interesting eh?
bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:40 PM   #16

I want one, i want one

no but ... have you ever tried to explain how to place pictures on a pc to someone who has no idea what a pc is.

I've seen a lot of p&s from friends that take pictures at web quality and then ask me if I could get the picture out of the camera and print it as large as possible. Then you explain them that the resolution is to low (translated your camera is set for web and you can't use the pictures for printing). Then you set the camera's default to high quality to discover a few weeks later when they have another picture they want that their sweet daughter or smart son turned the camera back to web resolution.

I'm sure those people would be better of with one of those old camera's.

It's the same as with mobile phones (cell phones, gsm's, smart phones) or whatever you call them. You can do anything with them, even take pictures but have you tried getting a picture out of one.

For us, these camera's are more a joke, but I know enough people who would love one.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:11 PM   #17

well put rhemans, sounds like maybe YOU should start selling them then! at those prices, someones dumpin em for peanuts somewhere :-p
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bock1965 View Post
If I bought a new card every time one gets full I would have a shoe box full of cards. Yes it does take alot of time to go through the pics and process them. But you can dump them onto your computer, erase the cards and then keep shooting. No need to buy new cards when one is full. That is unless you fill one up while away from your computer then you might need to buy another on the fly. I once had to buy a new one because I had left the others by the computer! On several other occaisions my wife took the card out of the camera to put the pics on the computer then I grabbed the camera to go somewhere only to find there was no card............ah its the little things that make life interesting eh?
If I just dumped the cards on the PC I'd fill the HD up in no time and I'd have no room for the developed ones. Plus I'd never sort them. This way I have to take time to sort them at least some so I can take some more shots.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:34 PM   #19

It may seem funny, but when I sent it to a friend of mine that is a Pro Wedding Photographer in CA who charges $5,000 per wedding, all he had to say was "amen".

It seems that when he shot film, all he had invested time wise was shooting the wedding and putting the album together after the prints came back from the lab. Now he spends at least 100 hours editing his RAW files before sending them off to the lab for printing, this seems like progress and regress at the same time.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:46 PM   #20

but is he shooting with a brand new vivitar Point and shoot?