Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:14 PM   #1

Default Hilarious!

aside from the completely awful production (take a screen shot when the flash is going off and you'll see what I mean)

well.. this leaves me speechless, and I almost peed myself when I saw this

this is not a joke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvu2QPQLlYA
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:36 PM   #2

Isn't trying to sell something for the computer illiterate on youtube rather stupid?

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:47 PM   #3

no, this was on TV!

someone recorded it on youtube because, well its just too funny to not see it.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:50 PM   #4

Oh, that would make more sense. While it's true that vinyl made a comeback and there are those of us who still like the vibe of shooting film I don't really see this product taking off.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:51 PM   #5

"...one giant leap for mankind". heheheh
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
"...one giant leap for mankind". heheheh
backwards?
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:20 PM   #7

While I still like shooting with film this just seemed like a SNL skit to me,

I tried and tried to figure out these confounded cables to get my pictures out of my camera but it took all day, and all I have to thank is: oops I crapped my pants!

thanks for sharin the laughs
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:41 PM   #8

Someone must have been given a huge number of unsellable left-overs. 10$ for two cameras and two rolls of film, and as lousy as this comercial is it still must have cost something to produce and broadcast.
Thanks for the laugh of the day.
When will we see the return of the simple, mechanical typewriter to free us from these electronic keyboards with their confusing screens?
Sorry, have to leave now. Must go out and saddle my donkey to be in time for work tomorrow, after all it is a three hours ride...

Kjell

Last edited by bilybianca; Sep 22, 2010 at 4:46 PM.
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 5:08 PM   #9

Folks I am telling you what you see in this add is happening all over the place. My own mother claimed she was not able to use her digital camera anymore because it was full. I suggested she let me show her how to put the pics on her computer but she refused saying it was too complicated. I told her to go to walmart and have her pictures printed and she said she did but the camera was still full of pictures! I said she needed to delete them. Again she thought it was too complicated. Then I showed her the delete button on her camera.........this helped her some but months later she still has pictures that are more than a year old in her camera....egads!
My brother inlaw bought a Nikon (not sure which model) that came with a kit lens for 2,000 dollars and wont download to a computer and has no clue how to do even the simplest photo touch ups on the computer. My friend bout a canon with two kit lenses for something like 1200 dollars. Buys a new card when one gets full. he at least puts them on the computer but has no clue how to post process. Turns the iso all the way up and shoots a burst every time he presses the shutter. Both of these gentlemen produce very poor images! They would be better off with the "New" vivitar film camera! As would my mother. Now my brother is a step ahead. At least his canon point and shoot takes decent snpshots and he does some post processing but STILL buys a new card when one gets full. Refuses to upload to his computer then delete from the card!!!! It is my belief that there are many more folks like that out there in the digital photo world than we can possibly imagine..............so with all that in mind that comercial isnt so stupid after all..............Actually it is , along with all the stupid people who wont take time to learn the basics of the digital photo world!!!!!!!!
a disclaimer for you sensitive types out there........I am not calling my mother stupid.........but she is clinging to her ignorance so stubornly that it is morphing into stupidity very rapidly!!! you can lead a horse to the water but.....................
bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 5:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
Someone must have been given a huge number of unsellable left-overs. 10$ for two cameras and two rolls of film, and as lousy as this comercial is it still must have cost something to produce and broadcast.
Kjell
It is a typical "TV only" scam. Printers are cheap because they make up the difference (and more) on the overpriced ink cartridges. Wait until the recipients of these twofers get the bill for mailing, developing, and printing the seller's "proprietary" (reloaded) film (they are not Kodak cartridges)!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote