Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 24, 2010, 3:57 PM   #1

Default So far I'm not impressed.

Well, so far I'm not impressed with CRIS. I called yesterday to check on the status of my camera. The woman told me to hold a minute while she checks. She comes back with the camera had a lot of debris in it, and was cleaned out. Now this is simply a lie. The camera when not in use is stored in a water tight metal Haliburton case, the lenses are only switched out every so often, and then only indoors. Never had an issue with one dust spot. The body is immaculate with no dust on the exterior at all. So tell me how this camera could have a lot of debris in it. I called Pentax, and they told me they aren't finished repairing it yet. I told Pentax if they send this camera back with the same issue's I will not pay for shipping back to CRIS. I don't care for the fact that they won't let you speak to anyone at CRIS. At this point if they return my K7, and the issues still exists, I'm selling the entire kit, and moving on to Nikon. When will these companies learn, and stop making all these jeopardizing cuts. At this point I'm very upset with Pentax. I like their cameras always have since the Spotmatic, but I will move on if this is what they call a fix, especially after spending over $50.00 to send it in!
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:15 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about your problems with the K7, Tony. didn't you just get that camera a short while back?
If its still under warranty, they should be sending you a prepaid shipping label you can print out from your computer.
I'm not sure who CRIS is, or where they're located but, even when I had to pay for shipping one back to New York it only cost me around $20 with insurance. Anyway hope you get it resolved real soon.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems with the K7, Tony. didn't you just get that camera a short while back?
If its still under warranty, they should be sending you a prepaid shipping label you can print out from your computer.
I'm not sure who CRIS is, or where they're located but, even when I had to pay for shipping one back to New York it only cost me around $20 with insurance. Anyway hope you get it resolved real soon.
HI. I paid $50.00 to send them the body, and two lenses. I just know what there saying is complete garbage. That camera was spotless! I will wait till the work order says, they are finished, then see where were at. I think maybe she just said that as filler, because perhaps the camera was never looked at yet. I don't know, but being only 9 months old with relatively moderate use, I'm not very happy.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:39 PM   #4

Really sorry about that any other service you may send it?

Quote:
especially after spending over $50.00 to send it in!
Would you pay again when they send camera back to you?
imut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by imut View Post
Really sorry about that any other service you may send it?

Would you pay again when they send camera back to you?
I won't pay another penny to send it back to them.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 5:16 PM   #6

what was wrong with your camera? debris could be reseult of faulty mirror/shutter ro somethign breaking perhaps

debris to mean sounds like somethign broken rather than dust etc
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 6:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Pattullo View Post
what was wrong with your camera? debris could be reseult of faulty mirror/shutter ro somethign breaking perhaps

debris to mean sounds like somethign broken rather than dust etc
The camera would have a very hard time locking focus at 18mm shooting at infinity. Bump the focal length up to 24 and it locks fine. My friends K7 pointed at the same targets has no issue at 18mm. the 55-300 lens has a de-centering problem.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 6:33 PM   #8

hmm doesn't sound like something mechanically falling to pieces then so guess debris does sound dubious
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 9:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Pattullo View Post
hmm doesn't sound like something mechanically falling to pieces then so guess debris does sound dubious
Sounds to mr like a calibration issue of some sort not debris.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3dd View Post
... At this point if they return my K7, and the issues still exists, I'm selling the entire kit, ...
And that's why I don't like to buy used/refurbished equipment! Please don't take it personal as I've done the same thing myself. In fact, a few years back I ended up selling my K100D because Pentax messed it up. I sent the camera for sensor cleaning (I got dust in it) and they screwed up the focus system. The worse part was the fact that they refused to admit they were at fault. Horrible service department to say the least. But, that was my personal experience. I'm sure there are many people happy with it...I'm just not one of them.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote