Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:12 AM   #1

Default Quick question about M lenses on K100D

I should get my K100D on Tuesday (for some reason KEH shipped it overnight and not two day like I paid for, maybe because i complained about the last two being delayed because they got my address wrong but anyway..) and from reading the manual it looks like if i want to use any of my old M lenses or use my tamrons with the PK-M adapter i have to shoot in M mode. Is that right? On my Oly bodies i can set it to A and stop down and shoot w/o a problem but if I'm reading right i can't with the K100. Seems kinda odd and a bit of an issue in the field where i don;t want to have to be adjusting the shutter all the time manually

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:28 AM   #2

If you use M- or K-series lenses, without the "A"-setting on the aperture ring you're right. You also have to go into the menue and set the camera to "allow aperture ring". To meter and set the exposure right you use DOF preview.
It sounds more complicaded than it really is. It isn't really any hazzle, and in short becomes second nature when shooting with these lenses. When you get the hold of it, it slows you down with microseconds.

Kjell

Last edited by bilybianca; Oct 5, 2010 at 12:34 AM.
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:07 AM   #3

Thanks. I hope you're right since I'm so used to being able to just set the aperture and go.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote