Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:36 PM   #1

Default My K7 is back from repair

It arrived today in perfect condition. They fixed the de-centering issue with the 55-300. What a difference. Tac sharp in all corners. Now my 18-55 has no problem focusing at infinity. They cleaned a litlle speck I had on the focus screen, and checked the camera to spec. I have to say CRIS did a very good job. They did all this without putting one scratch on the camera. I'm very happy with the work. I may take it out tonight for some time exposures.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:51 PM   #2

That is good news, Tony!
I'm happy for you!
Now lets see what you can do with it.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:29 AM   #3

So glad this had a happy ending!! Can't wait to see your excellent pictures with your newly adjusted equipment!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:58 AM   #4

Thanks. I'm glad it's back, and looks as good as did when I sent. Everything seems to work fine. I may take it out today for a bit. The weather is beautiful in Orlando, (just had to get that in there). How do I check the firmware version again?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:04 AM   #5

hold menu when u turn it on
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:33 PM   #6

Glad to hear there's a happy ending to your story. Now have a great time convincing yourself that you have a very good camera in your hands. Of course, it's going to take a trip to a photogenic place (beach, mountains, etc. etc.) to properly do a test. Maybe a wildlife reserve? Maybe a trip to a ski resort (if you like skiing), gotta test the weather sealing on the camera, right? Of course, it's got to be at least a week long to really make sure it's up to snuff - maybe a trip to Europe or New Zealand?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Glad to hear there's a happy ending to your story. Now have a great time convincing yourself that you have a very good camera in your hands. Of course, it's going to take a trip to a photogenic place (beach, mountains, etc. etc.) to properly do a test. Maybe a wildlife reserve? Maybe a trip to a ski resort (if you like skiing), gotta test the weather sealing on the camera, right? Of course, it's got to be at least a week long to really make sure it's up to snuff - maybe a trip to Europe or New Zealand?
My thoughts exactly. Were planning another trip to Italy next year, so i better have it all tested out by then. So far it looks good though.

Last edited by tony3dd; Oct 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:50 PM   #8

Glad everything is back and working how you wanted!

My original K-7 had a faulty lens mount, so was initially disheartened at the camera until I swapped the body out, but love it now. I didn't think the K10D could really be improved upon other than in resolution (yes, I am that naive), but was pleasantly surprised.
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:07 PM   #9

Hi Tony,

This is good to hear. I think that the word so far is that CRIS is a good outfit.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote