Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:02 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkn777 View Post
We are still missing the votes from bock1965 and Trojansc - so I thought I'll wait just a bit longer. I sent a PM to them already.

By the way - how do we handle a tie? (Just in case...)

Th.
You need to end this. Five days is plenty of time. We need to get on with the November Challenge. The "moderator" should withhold his vote to be used in the event of a tie.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:13 AM   #92

Good morning,
voting time is over!

We had many submissions this month and two of them clearly stand out of the crowd if you look at the votes - the entries of abieleck and kashka. A shoulder to shoulder "race", which ended in a tie. Now penolta is right here - we have to move on and can't wait for the last two votes.

As the thread starter/moderator I withdraw my vote and choose one of the two entries to break the tie and my vote goes to abieleck's waterfall photo.

So the winner of the October monthly challenge is: abieleck!

At a very close 2nd place follows kashka and 3rd place goes to Trojansoc.

@abieleck
Congratulations - and I'll pass the baton (to say so) to you.

@All
I feel, that the October monthly challenge didn't went as smooth as it could have and I think this is mainly due to me being inexperienced as a moderator for such a thing. I want to apologize for any confusion and/or inconvenience I may have caused.

Kind regards,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:13 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkn777 View Post
Good morning,
voting time is over!

We had many submissions this month and two of them clearly stand out of the crowd if you look at the votes - the entries of abieleck and kashka. A shoulder to shoulder "race", which ended in a tie. Now penolta is right here - we have to move on and can't wait for the last two votes.

As the thread starter/moderator I withdraw my vote and choose one of the two entries to break the tie and my vote goes to abieleck's waterfall photo.

So the winner of the October monthly challenge is: abieleck!

At a very close 2nd place follows kashka and 3rd place goes to Trojansoc.

@abieleck
Congratulations - and I'll pass the baton (to say so) to you.

@All
I feel, that the October monthly challenge didn't went as smooth as it could have and I think this is mainly due to me being inexperienced as a moderator for such a thing. I want to apologize for any confusion and/or inconvenience I may have caused.

Kind regards,
Th.
TH, not to worry. Its all for fun and the point is to get folks to take pictures they might not have otherwise. The rules and even who wins are secondary.
Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:50 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrics51 View Post
TH, not to worry. Its all for fun and the point is to get folks to take pictures they might not have otherwise. The rules and even who wins are secondary.
Glenn
I second this
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:56 AM   #95

I third that....That being said I am stoked to win the challenge, thanks to everyone that voted for my photo. Doesn't get much closer, great photo Kashka.

So does this mean I suggest the new photo challenge for November? If so I have an idea. Let me know and I will start a new thread for this month.
abieleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:11 AM   #96

Yes - Abieleck, you choose ! Go for it - we are all waiting with bated breathe as the month is 1/3 gone already !!

Th. - don't worry about it mate - it's all for fun as others have so rightly said above (as you can see I'm feeling much better now and the testiness has gone ) !

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:24 AM   #97

Congrats,Abieleck!..great shot of the falls..I'd be enlarging and framing that one!..Looking forward to your challenge idea..
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:10 AM   #98

I want to thank thnkn for being so considerate as to want to wait for my vote. Please don't wait on me in the future....life has a tendency to interfere with photography, particularly this school year. There are times I am only able to shoot a couple of times a month....and don't even have time to get on here to relax.

Jeez......how I hate "Every Child Left Behind"

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote