Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 9, 2010, 9:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkn777 View Post

Hehe, lenses - what an obvious choice and I didn't even thought of that myself, doh! As for the very different sizes - the 50mm and the 28-70 look quite close to me... any chance to do something with the zoom seetings of the 28-70?

Th.
Unfortunately these are the only lenses that I have here that are similar enough in appearance to fit the criteria, perhaps I can find something better before month's end.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:24 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by a200user View Post
Here is my "set". Fresh from our garden. I think this was done with good taste.

Jim
Great image, clear and sharp and we've got same shape/size/color here! Looks very tasty by the way.

@NMRecording
The left lens is a silver/white one, while the other two are black - so you've got same size, same shape, but NOT same or completely different color. I'm sorry - can you find a third different color or give a shot with 3 same colored lenses?

Yours,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:20 AM   #23

the lens is black, it has a black and chrome(zebra striped) ring on the edge for grip when focusing

all three lenses have a chrome band on the outside of the focus ring, go look at your 50mm or tak 50 1.4 if you dont believe me)

Perhaps itd show up better in larger image, but flikr gives me 680 or 1024 choices, not 800

btw, theyre all 3 different sizes so I dont see how you're giving me guff about this. As in the vase and tomato shot, they all technically have 'slight' differences in them, as mine is, so why am I singled out?

Last edited by NMRecording; Oct 10, 2010 at 9:05 AM.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:23 PM   #24

@NMRecording

Hey,
first things first: I just express my feelings about the image. In the challenge every user votes in the end, that's how it's done. So nobody can single you out here. And nobody wants that, including myself. Why should I? There was no offense meant - really. If my post, the wording etc. offended you in any way - that was not my intend and please accept my apologies if I accidently said something wrong.

Now for the image. All I can see are three lenses from the front and while I know about the different colored rings the way the image looks to me is: 1 silver lens on the left, 2 black lenses on the right side. I can only comment on what I see, right?

The size of the image is fine, it's clear, sharp and well exposed. Color looks good, too - a tad warm, so my guess it's an indoor shot or you catched the "golden hour" sun

From the image itself I can't see the different size, or better to say length of the lenses. That's why "size" is more the diameter for me and that looks roughly the same. Which is fine by the way, as same size "qualifies" for a set to say so. Again: slight differences are ok! No problems with that! Different size means, that you can easily tell the objects apart just by size (i.e. a doll house, a single-family house and a skyscraper would be easy to tell apart just by size )

I really feel bad about the situation but I hope everything is sorted with this answer. If not, please feel free to contact me via PM!

Kind regards,
Th.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:35 PM   #25

OK, I can get into this one. here's mine, for now anyway.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:56 PM   #26

Great shot GW.

I removed my original entry and tried again. The new image is in the original post.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Oct 10, 2010, 1:14 PM   #27

@Goldwinger
wow - a nice image. And a "three twins" set.

@Monza
Yeah - you got it! /thumbsup
Same color and shape (cylindric/tube) and you can easily make out the different size now.

Th.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 7:06 PM   #28

Default October Monthly Challenge

This a waterfall aptly named Triple Falls in Columbia River Gorge in Oregon. While man didn't arrange the way this waterfall flows, Mother Nature and erosion did. While plenty of waterfalls have forks and multiple flows in them, not many have this type of separation and balance. This segmented waterfall starts as one stream, splits for 130 feet, then back together again. Definitely unique, and a great "SET" waterfall.

abieleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:24 PM   #29

Wow..those falls are something else! Nice!
I hope I understood the rules right...these are sprouting up all over my area right now..harvest is almost complete.
Attached Images

kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:33 PM   #30

Beautiful "sets" in nature. Very creative. Never would have thought of it. I hope this is a "set." Same thing, same basic shape, same basic color, different sizes. My guitars. First time I have used the in-camera special processing features in the Kx. I like the look. Can you guess which one?
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote