Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 10, 2010, 7:58 PM   #11

Thanks for the additional input. I hadn't realized the DA* lenses were WR. Although, just checked pentaximaging.com and there's no way I can afford those ones. So, I think I'm still at the 18-55. It would be good for those snowy days going back and forth to work. Short, light and WR. I figure if it's raining or snowing, I wouldn't be wanting to do anything with too much zoom anyway. For an all purpose, take images in snow, etc the 18-55 will do. Plus, it fits in my budget.

Thanks for the continuing prayers, Harriet.

Paul - If you want to send me your 50-135 I think I could be happy with it. Want my address?

Ira - Thanks for the well wishes.

I've held off getting it until today because I made a split second purchase on Friday. I had gone to pentaxforums to check out the prices on the Marketplace and a Tamron 1.4 TC had just been posted. I pm'd the guy and it is now on it's way to my house. Hubby knows about that one and I told him why I'd gone there and he didn't balk too badly about me replacing my 18-55. So, I think I will just go for it.

Thanks, Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:17 PM   #12

its a good lens so you should be happy with it and the weather sealing is pretty impressive - i shoved my camera with the 18-55mm under the shower to clean it off once

pentax seems to be pretty generous with the kit lens, good optics, WR and quick shift manual focus override - cant ask for much more than that for the price

before i descided to get a fast normal zoom i got some very nice images out of it one of which is now in PPG
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:30 PM   #13

Wow! Takes a shower beating and keeps on ticking. I'm sold. For the price I definitely can't go wrong. Just want to wait a few days so it goes on next month's credit card statement once I checked my accounts.

I would like the faster lenses, but just can't substantiate their price with my abilities yet. Maybe some day.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote