Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 16, 2010, 4:16 PM   #21

Gob-smacked, to use some of England's vernacular. Wonderful series - especially the first shot of the sunrise.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:59 AM   #22

Bock - Thanks! Glad you enjoyed these!

Tony - I am indeed blessed to live & work in such a great place! Body used in these (and all my photos) is Pentax K-M.

NMR - Thanks so much!

Ronny - Thanks! You'll have to come visit sometime...

GW - Glad you liked them. Will you be coming back this way sometime this autumn? It's not over yet!!

Zuken - You are too kind. Glad you enjoyed these.

BigDawg - Glad to help! Hope you are fully recovered from the "montezuma's revenge!"

Gumnut - Holston Fire Tower is about 100 feet tall, and is perched on a knob that is about 4200 feet above sea level. I have posted some photos of it here before, but can't find the old posting right now...

Monza - Glad you are surviving the extreme winter (and also glad it's not here!) Interesting about the brief autumnal tints.

Keith - Thanks - it is indeed great scenery in East Tennessee these days!

Frogfish - Thanks so much - so glad you enjoyed these!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Keith - Thanks - it is indeed great scenery in East Tennessee these days!
I guess the next question is - what will it be like in Jan/Feb? No doubt stunning and beautiful but do you get to enjoy it or are you just too damn cold???
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:53 PM   #24

Love the sunrise pictures - very moody. The milkweed pods show an "all-in-one" sequence of opening very nicely - nice find.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 5:41 AM   #25

Keith - we do get winter, but not severe winters. And it is indeed quite beautiful here in the winter (you can search some of my old posts from last winter...) Remember - there's not such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing!

Penolta - Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed these - I was also very pleased to stumble upon that milkweed sequence...
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:43 AM   #26

Sorry to be late commenting, but these are awesome!

I haven't seen a Praying Mantis for a long time up here. I did see one in Oz this spring but it was in our hotel corridor on a wall and would have been a horrid shot.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:59 AM   #27

I miss you!!! Thanks for all these amazing pictures. I love the sunrise ones with all the mist. And of course the sugar maple ones. It has been a beautiful fall thus far hasn't it!!
BlueSkyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:47 AM   #28

Lou - Glad you enjoyed these! We are still seeing a fair number of mantids (both Praying & Carolina), but frosts expected soon...

BlueSky - Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by & to comment! Glad you enjoyed these. Indeed it's been a great fall! Hope to see you soon!!