Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 18, 2010, 9:44 PM   #21

I have a basic kit that goes with me, the K100D usually with my Tokina 400mm/5.6 and possibly Kenko 1.5. Also take at least one of my Oly bodies and my tamron SP 35-80 and SP 80-200/2.8. That will pretty much cover any range that I need, I can mix and match and may take an extension tube or two. Also been using my Vivitar 70-300 as a walk around lens on the K100 a bit of late. Nice lightweight package and decently sharp stopped down a bit. In all honesty I prefer using any non A lens on one of my Oly bodies as I really don't like having to do full manual with old glass.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:26 AM   #22

Olympus bodies make manual focus lenses auto focus?
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 3:10 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRecording View Post
Olympus bodies make manual focus lenses auto focus?
God, I wish! No but you can use Aperture mode and the camera will pick the shutter speed. I find it makes it much easier for me if I can just set an aperture and be done with it. Limits the range since too small and I won't be able to see but for most telezoom stuff especially I'm not shooting much over f8 anyway.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:22 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monza76 View Post
I also have the Sigma 24-135mm f2.8-4.5 but I don't have it with me. I bought my new when I had the DL as well. I still use it whenever I don't want to change lenses much. Despite its size and zoom creep it is an excellent lens.
I remember you mentioning before having some problems with your lens. It's nice to know I'm not the only one walking around with this fat lens.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:44 PM   #25

I was trying to go for the Tamron 24-135 as a walk around, but it was never wide enough or long enough so now I use the kit lens, which is very good, and the DA 50-200. Both are light and for the price unbeatable.
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote