Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:13 AM   #1

Default Wedding Glasses

Went to the wedding of my wifes nephew. Heres a pic of the Bride and Gromm's wedding glasses with champagne in then and finger prints on them!
Attached Images

bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:08 PM   #2

those are different
was this taken at the wedding?
how did you get the black background?

can you overlay a photo of the groom in one, the bride in the other so they are looking at each other, print it, frame it and give it as a present ??
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:10 AM   #3

The glasses were at the reception sitting on the bridal party table. Every one was dancing and I was taking a few shots. When I looked at the shot originaly the table they were sitting on was black and the background a darkish grey. hhmmm I thought it might be nice to have a black background so I selectied the glasses with the magnetic laso ans then zoomed in close to fine tune the selection. After that I inverted the selection and went to the brightness / contrast adjustment and turned the brightness all the way down. I had to do that twice to make the whole background black. At first I was pleased the result but then I saw that when I selected the glasses some of the greyness that I wanted black was behind the glasses and thus remained grey. So I went to color adjust/change and used the eydropper to select the grey color and changed it to black thus sort of giving the illusion that there was a black background behind the glasses. Of course I twiddled with the levels , brightness and contrast of the glasses themselves. I am sure the effect could have been done better but I thought my version wasn't bad for about 20 or so minutes of playing around.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:24 AM   #4

Nice job, Bock. its so much fun to play with PP!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 3:34 PM   #5

Yes it is fun.