Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:08 AM   #1

Default This used to be a beach

Another one, this one is a little different. On all postcards you can buy there there's a proper beach between the rock on the left and the land. Very narrow with sea on both sides, just amazing. But when we were there it only looked like this, looks like the sea has risen (there are no tides on the Med).

I had to go through quite nasty thorned bushes to get these photos, with sandals and short pants, please feel sorry for me .

Any C&C is welcomed, also which one do you like most?

Greg

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2010, 5:50 AM   #2

Lovely colors and curves on all of these - really shows the sweep of the landscape.
Great sky on #3 - I think that having some of this sky in #1 & 2 would have made them even better. Would also have liked to have seen more of the land to the right on #3 - perhaps a wider lens, or maybe stitched panorama...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:41 PM   #3

beautiful shots, these could be postcards IMO. I do agree with mole on number three, its such an interesting shot but cutting it a little close to the edge on framing the water. It is sad to see global warming alter our land so dramatically. Just to think this may all be underwater someday, if we don't kill ourselves first.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 3:28 AM   #4

Great pictures / series, pure perfect promotional material
Old Oct 21, 2010, 4:29 AM   #5

Thanks everyone. The reason why there's no land to the right is ugly hotel and road. It just was wrong to put that in this nice scenery. Sky was left out as well because it was middle of the day, very sunny and I was without my grad or polarizer (family holiday, I wasn't allowed to carry around all my stuff ) and I think the last two photos could use both of them.
Which one would you frame then?

Greg
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:21 AM   #6

I had to go through quite nasty thorned bushes to get these photos, with sandals and short pants, please feel sorry for me .
[/QUOTE]

I'm suppose to feel sorry for you... OK, I'm trying...
Nope, Sorry... it just isn't there.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:24 PM   #7

Default Changing water depths

Years ago I hunted ducks on a shallow lake of about 300 acres. When the wind was blowing towards the shore where the duck blind was located there was enough water to float the boat we used. If the wind blew away from our shore there could be as much as 4 inches less depth in the water around us, and we could not float the boat. That affect is called a seche (Spelling may be wrong) I imagine wind can have a similar affect on the Med. Perhaps the sand bar would be visible under different wind conditions. Also, I cannot imagine that there is no tidal affect in the Med. Since there is no dam or barrier at Gibralter, there must be a tidal pattern there. It could reduce as the test point moved away from Gibralter. If you have other pictures of the same spot, you may detect changes.Old Engineer
Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:45 PM   #8

Got a little interested in this and found something about tides in the Med here http://www.lifesciences.napier.ac.uk...ng/Env/Med.htm
Very interesting to learn about meteorological tides. Maybe that is the explanation?

Greg
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:26 PM   #9

Greg - Considering I've been bundled up all day with a scarf and jacket in the house, it's real difficult to feel sorry for you in your shorts and sandals. But, okay, I can feel the sticklers and all in my feet and legs. So, you're getting some sorrow from me.

From a comment made on one of my photos recently submitted to our photo challenge with my camera club, "there's too much in the photo - no focal point". I hope you don't mind, but I downloaded your image and tweaked it a bit. Made it more into a panoramic shot and adjusted some of the coloring. Not sure it's what the true colors were, but....

Anyway, I'll remove it if you want.

Patty
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote