Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:30 PM   #11

You made something out of very little!
What you need to do to get some action is to hire a big jazz band and some go-go girls and invite all town to a dancing party in your home! Think "Oh, what a party!"
When the 24 h night arrives you'll have to get a super macro lens and start to explore the corners of your universe.
Like your new avatar!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:00 AM   #12

Monza,

Is that a trailer, or a pre cast building, insulated to northern requirements ?

I like your new avatar....where did you get the parka ?

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:10 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Monza,

Is that a trailer, or a pre cast building, insulated to northern requirements ?

I like your new avatar....where did you get the parka ?

Les
The building is a two story prefab with four apartments like mine on the top floor and a day care centre below. The parka is a Canada Goose Arctic Program Expedition, it is available from many outfitters and outdoor specialty stores.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Oct 22, 2010, 5:20 AM   #14

is #4 a coin's edge? they all look cool , by the way
bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:51 AM   #15

This is how it starts, Ira. It progresses slowly at first, and then things star to get more and more bazaar, until one day... they come for you. Two, maybe three men, wearing white coats and speaking is low soothing tones. Its OK, they'll assure you. Its treatable, we've had this happen before... Then everything goes dark...

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
This is how it starts, Ira. It progresses slowly at first, and then things star to get more and more bazaar, until one day... they come for you. Two, maybe three men, wearing white coats and speaking is low soothing tones. Its OK, they'll assure you. Its treatable, we've had this happen before... Then everything goes dark...

That made me laugh out loud! Nice one GW

Great series Monza, I liked guessing what these were.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:21 PM   #17

They're coming to take me away ha ha
They're coming to take me away ho ho hee hee ha ha
To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time...

Oops, carried away for a minute.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:35 PM   #18

I want that jacket!!

OK, even when it's cold and snowy up on my mountain that jacket would still be too heavy probably. But I just love super-warm jackets like that.

I love the first 2, the picture works well in both color and b&w. The third one I like the idea of, but think I would like to see it with a bit more dof. Not a huge amount more, just a bit more, like to have all of one curl in focus. Then it would be my definite favorite of the series. The last one is in the interesting category - can't quite decide about it.

Your abode is way too neat for me! Something that small and I'd probably have it so full of stuff that you'd have to wade through it. Of course, yours is far more practical than mine would be.

I've actually had great fun trying to "make something from nothing" like this. It's a wonderful way to pass the time and some of my all-time favorite pictures have been from doing this.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:56 PM   #19

Fascinating details - thanks for the tour of your abode, and of your unique viewpoints!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 6:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
I want that jacket!!

OK, even when it's cold and snowy up on my mountain that jacket would still be too heavy probably. But I just love super-warm jackets like that.

I love the first 2, the picture works well in both color and b&w. The third one I like the idea of, but think I would like to see it with a bit more dof. Not a huge amount more, just a bit more, like to have all of one curl in focus. Then it would be my definite favorite of the series. The last one is in the interesting category - can't quite decide about it.

Your abode is way too neat for me! Something that small and I'd probably have it so full of stuff that you'd have to wade through it. Of course, yours is far more practical than mine would be.

I've actually had great fun trying to "make something from nothing" like this. It's a wonderful way to pass the time and some of my all-time favorite pictures have been from doing this.
Anything warmer than -20C and this coat is too much, I have only worn it once so far. They are snowmobiling, walking and ice fishing on the harbour here now.