Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:23 AM   #21

Nice!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:39 AM   #22

Building construction was my occupation and hobby for many years. When not doing that I enjoyed working on old cars, hunting, and fishing. Now old age has grabbed me, and I am crippled and sedentary. When that stopped my active pursuits I came back to photography, Pentax because I had several old lenses. Since retiring I have written a WWII novel, a book on home inspections, and a book of notable incidents happening to me during my 83 years. Am about to publish the latter book to send to family, friends, and associates.
I collect on DVD old movies I have enjoyed, and loan them out. Have about 1600 films so far.
I have several inventions, three of them patented. Did do woodworking but had to stop after making some near miss mistakes. Ran for public office three times. Lost twice. Won last time.
I play a cornet daily for my own pleasure. Manage my own investments. Did watercolors for ten years, but lost interest. Carry on an active Email correspondence. Read periodicals and a few books, but am finding it difficult now due to partial blindness in one eye. Most everything is more difficult without stereoptic vision.
Still, life is great, and still much in love with my wife after 64 years together.
Old Engineer
Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:49 AM   #23

I have been a bicycle rider all my life. I did a lot of cross country riding and
for a number of years did 20-25 miles a night and on weekends would sometimes do 50-100 mile trips. Both my Knees needed arthroscopic surgery several years ago and I gave up biking shortly after that as I could no longer put enough pressure on them to make it enjoyable for me. I am just getting back to it now but on a tamer Mountain bike.

I enjoy travel, woodworking, and in the summer months boating, fishing and hiking. I have a 1967 Chevelle Malibu Convertible that I tinker with from time to time.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:04 AM   #24

hmmm well got afew hobbies but dont get to endulge myself as much as i would like

but highlights would be

snowboarding (yay winters on its way again - hopefully get in a quick trip to france this year) - also gonna try skiing again this year which haven't done in many years now

i occasioanlly go through a spat of computer gaming - but feel like starting to grow out of it - no longer as much fun as it used to be

i do some CGI 3d art type stuff from time to time - normally making spaceships lol still heavy does of inner child in me afterall

and next year (assuming i haven't blown the budget as it were) shall be taking up and learning to paraglide - cant wait for this and its quite the sacrifice too since my allocated k-5 budget is going to be eaten up by buying this monster toy and getting lessons so i dont kill myself with it
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 7:16 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Nice!
Thanks.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:49 AM   #26

Tony, nice renderings. I used to dabble with 3d studio max back in the day, well 6 years ago. I did 3 courses on it. Went to a national competition once, made 4th. It was a lot of work and I never got into it further because my pc at home couldn't quite keep up with the work I was doing in class. Quite a fun hobby

I would like to see some of those ships you've done gumnut
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:57 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRecording View Post
Tony, nice renderings. I used to dabble with 3d studio max back in the day, well 6 years ago. I did 3 courses on it. Went to a national competition once, made 4th. It was a lot of work and I never got into it further because my pc at home couldn't quite keep up with the work I was doing in class. Quite a fun hobby

I would like to see some of those ships you've done gumnut
Thanks. I have been doing this for about 10 years now. If you go to my site I have some spacecrafts I did from 2001 A Space Odyessy. I actually had many e-mail correspondences with Arthur C. Clark about them. He seemed to like them, although he would never come right out and say so. Here's the site www.delucaimagingstudio.com.

www.delucaimagingstudio.com

Last edited by tony3dd; Oct 29, 2010 at 9:00 AM.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:03 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Engineer View Post
Building construction was my occupation and hobby for many years. When not doing that I enjoyed working on old cars, hunting, and fishing. Now old age has grabbed me, and I am crippled and sedentary. When that stopped my active pursuits I came back to photography, Pentax because I had several old lenses. Since retiring I have written a WWII novel, a book on home inspections, and a book of notable incidents happening to me during my 83 years. Am about to publish the latter book to send to family, friends, and associates.
I collect on DVD old movies I have enjoyed, and loan them out. Have about 1600 films so far.
I have several inventions, three of them patented. Did do woodworking but had to stop after making some near miss mistakes. Ran for public office three times. Lost twice. Won last time.
I play a cornet daily for my own pleasure. Manage my own investments. Did watercolors for ten years, but lost interest. Carry on an active Email correspondence. Read periodicals and a few books, but am finding it difficult now due to partial blindness in one eye. Most everything is more difficult without stereoptic vision.
Still, life is great, and still much in love with my wife after 64 years together.
Old Engineer
A wonderful life covering a plethora of interests, you have certainly made the most of it. Hope you have many more years and get to add some more chapters to your book. Loved reading that.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:56 PM   #29

My second love is being a Ham radio operator. I also enjoy Computer gaming, Currently playing Medal of Honor. Many years back I was hot and heavy into Drag Racing.
The rest of the time its Travel, Family, friends etc.
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:54 PM   #30

I think it would be easier for me to list what I don't like to do besides photography.
Anything that has to do with working with my hands. Woodworking, metalworking, mechanics, electrical, building and making things. I can truly say, I'm a master of all trades, jack of none. No, wait... I think that's backwards.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote