Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:00 AM   #1

Default more portraits

Not the best and both flawed but I do like them very much. It's my 1 year old son. Very difficult to take a good photo of him, he's just too fast crawling to the camera. Both were taken before I got Tamron f2.8 so the background was blurred in PS. The second is slightly out of focus but it's one of the cutest photos of him. It's quite hart to take technically good photos in home environment, I have some better ones taken in the garden, but I wanted to share them two.
Any C&C welcomed

Greg

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfurm View Post
Not the best and both flawed but I do like them very much. It's my 1 year old son. Very difficult to take a good photo of him, he's just too fast crawling to the camera. Both were taken before I got Tamron f2.8 so the background was blurred in PS. The second is slightly out of focus but it's one of the cutest photos of him. It's quite hart to take technically good photos in home environment, I have some better ones taken in the garden, but I wanted to share them two.
Any C&C welcomed

Greg
Greg,

Fast moving kid is difficult to nail focus. You did well.
With DL, you will be ok shooting iso800. You can get more light indoor with wider aperture than F8

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:33 AM   #3

Forgot to mention it was shot with external flash so light was not a problem. f8 because kit lens isn't that good wide open.
Greg
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:38 PM   #4

very nice photos here, I think the first one would be a winner if it were cropped a bit tighter. I dont see a need for leaving the dead space below the photo.

When I took a second look I liked the dead space to show more the suspension in air, but maybe crop the top a bit?

Im still have troubles with composition, but would personally crop a bit from both top and bottom to get closer in on the face and body. What cute photos

you did well
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:07 PM   #5

Both are nice shots but the first one especially - the suspension and look on your son's face. Priceless.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:28 AM   #6

The first one is so cute ... Keep taking more snaps
Chesslanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:55 PM   #7

Really cute little tyke!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:10 PM   #8

Great portraits of a really cute kid! It is indeed difficult to capture the little'uns in action, but you did very well! Wonderfully expressive photos...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:24 PM   #9

That first one is adorable. It's always possible to enjoy casual snaps, and these are will bring you pleasure for years to come. There's always a place for shots like this - it would be incredibly boring if all you had were formal, perfect portraits of your family.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 1:30 AM   #10

Thanks for nice comments. I don't usually post snaps like this, but these two are so adorable that I couldn't stop myself . He's a lovely full of energy boy, and I'm very happy thanks to him.
I managed to convince my wife I need new lens to take better photos of him, that's how I got Tamron 17-50 f2.8 .

Greg