Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:01 AM   #1

Default Sir Elton

So, I went to see Sir Elton John in concert last night. The guards made me check my camera when i came in, because it looked "too professional" but, during the last song, i ran to the security desk and begged them to let me take just a couple of pictures. So, they did, and i thought i'd share:
Attached Images

Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:02 AM   #2

just a note, i was not nearly as close as these photos make it look (more like, top of the nosebleeds) but, i had my zoom lens.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:27 AM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Nice picture of Sir Elton...if you say so!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:29 AM   #4

Lucky you! I went to see him a few years ago for my birthday. He's been my favorite since high school. Didn't take my camera because I knew they'd take it from me. And, they were watching for people who might have snuck one in. I'd been told if I'd gotten a press pass I could have brought it in. But, I would have had to contact one of the local papers to get it. All I have is some shots I took with my phone camera.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:13 PM   #5

Good for you Vole,
He is performing here this weekend but, there is no way I'm paying $80 bucks a seat for ticket especially if I can't take my camera!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:06 PM   #6

That second picture is very nice, well done! I haven't tried to take my camera to any place like a pro hockey game or a concert because too many have restrictions about dSLR cameras. You were lucky to get them to let you take pictures at all, would never have thought of that.

GW - $80 isn't bad at all. Too many top names get over $100 around here. Vegas shows have gotten really expensive now, too (sigh!). And don't ask what headliners are going to get for a New Year's Eve show on the strip - it was over $300 a few years ago when I quit checking. Hate to think what they would be now.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:55 AM   #7

Great, and wonderful that they let you use your camera, wouldn't think they allow that.

I normally don't take my pentax with me because it's to hard to hide it, and even with my panasonic fz5 they find it a too professional camera.

It's always a give away when you come to the gates and you have a bag with you, so normally I put the camera in the bottom, (in a plastic bag) and then on top some plastic water bottles , and an opened bag of candy also helps a lot when they reach into the bag to search if their is a camera in it.

Half of the fun when going to a concert is smuggling the camera in.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:27 AM   #8

jelpee- it really is him! promise!
Patty- yeah, it was a great show. i didn't even think about not being allowed to have a camera with me. i take it pretty much everywhere with me. if i had thought about it, i probably would have brought a cheap camera with me, i would have ended up with more pictures.
goldwinger- actually, i wouldn't have paid eighty bucks either, top of the nosebleeds (we were in a stadium) were 35.
mtngal-thanks! yeah, i didn't even think about restrictions on cameras, having never encountered one before.
rhermans- the lady at the check desk gave it back to me during the last song, and told me that i could go back in and take a few pictures. so i didn't question her
i wasn't even trying to sneak my camera in, though, it just never even occurred to me that it wouldn't be allowed.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:29 AM   #9

jelpee- here's his face, but a little blurry. do you believe me now?
Attached Images

Old Nov 21, 2010, 7:53 PM   #10

Hey Vole - so glad you got to the concert and that you were able to get at least a few photos! #2 is definitely the sharpest, but I also like the mood & arrangement of #1.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote