Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:16 PM   #11

What? What ever is in front of the camera.

Why? Because it is there.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:05 PM   #12

Macro - because I am amazed at some of the shots photographers like Lord V. can get, the detail is mind-blowing.

People candids - especially children, because emotions aren't hidden.

Shanghai - love the Chinese historical buildings and traditions (people).

I have been 'hired' to shoot as back-up to a pro-shooter next year (commercial shoots, sports events) so I'm really looking forward to learning a lot more from him (he's already started giving me great tips - stuff I'd never have thought of). This is also my number one excuse for buying the K5 and new lenses

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:25 PM   #13

Well lets see. My First love would be Lighthouses whenever i can Find one to Shot. Then Planes and Race cars.
Not good at all With People Shots Or Macros. Ive tried Birding without much luck.
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyinGA View Post
John, I have yet to pay a model one single dime to shoot them.

PM me, and I'll give you some tips on how to do the same thing.
That would be models requiring shots to pad their portfolios ?

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:35 PM   #15

I think my favorite subjects are certain objects in motion, like racing cars at the track or aircraft at air shows. I'm also partial to landscape shots, architecture, wildlife and other various forms of nature. I don't think I have the knack for people photography so I generally avoid it.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
That would be models requiring shots to pad their portfolios ?
That! And, when you talk to them, you cry about how poor you are and how you would really love to have them in your portfolio. And, couldn't they make an exception just for you.

It's like everything else. You'll get turned down a lot. but........and however!

www.EdWoodsonPhotography.com
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:27 PM   #17

The short answer: everything.

The long answer: I am trying to "catch a moment and the whole story". Hard to explain. Try to remember something that is like 10 years ago or so. If you are like me you already forgot a lot about this. "the whole story" are the shots, that bring you back, bring things into the right order, tell a story to say so. "catch a moment" are the images, that focus on a spcial detail, something you'd keep for yourself as a precious memory or you'd talk about like "can you remember that single red rose sitting on top of the hill..." ... "the hysterical dog, can you remember?"...

Now you can call me crazy if you want...

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:20 PM   #18

Haven't figured that out yet.

Been trying out different things to see what is interesting and been having fun with everything, so far.

Glen
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:43 PM   #19

Start off by admitting my least favourite subject - people! Perhaps it's because I hate to have my photo taken that I seldom point my camera at someone else.
I guess I have 2 favourites. First a generic topic, detail. It's the mascot on the car rather than the car or a frieze on a wall rather than the building or the face of a statue or the top of a menhir. My holiday photos are rubbish because they are seldom the picture postcard views that you invite friends round to see.
My other favourite is pointing the camera towards the sun. Not at midday, that would be a bit foolish, but as it sets (it's either too early or too cold for sunrise ). I love sunsets over the sea. Also shots of the sun behind trees/plants. The only problem is trying not to damage the eye. Even a setting sun can be quite bright!

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:49 PM   #20

favorite things to shoot:
-candid people photos
-volleyball games
-macro-ish food
-HDR mountains/lakes

A few things i still want to try:
-startrails
-animals in the wild
-time lapse
-lighting
-aerial
-hot nude models (not to photograph, but to... well... yeah.)

some things i don't like taking photos of:
-macro flowers
-ducks
-"smile and say cheese" people shots