Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:11 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
nhmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 5,202
Default

Beautiful! And, so nice to have such a shot from your backyard. I have to drive a ways to get a clear shot of the skies.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:53 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Frogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 2,774
Default

Gorgeous sunrise !

I can actually see the photo & therefore comment now - for the last few days I've had that '70% of the photo greyed out again' problem with this board, so I see the top 30% and the bottom 70% is just grey. Very weird, it only ever happens on this site.
__________________
http://frogfish.smugmug.com
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:20 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Wizzard0003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Aberdeen, WA USA
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Gorgeous sunrise !

I can actually see the photo & therefore comment now - for the last few days I've had that '70% of the photo greyed out again' problem with this board, so I see the top 30% and the bottom 70% is just grey. Very weird, it only ever happens on this site.
How much RAM do you have in your system and are you running other programs or have
other sites open at the same time you're visiting here...?
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:59 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Frogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 2,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard0003 View Post
How much RAM do you have in your system and are you running other programs or have
other sites open at the same time you're visiting here...?
I'm using a fully loaded Mac Pro - 4GB. Is isn't the computer - it only ever happens on here. I visit a number of other photographic sites too, but have never had a problem on them. It's weird as it only happens now and again then it's fine for a while.
__________________
http://frogfish.smugmug.com
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:22 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Wizzard0003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Aberdeen, WA USA
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
I'm using a fully loaded Mac Pro - 4GB. Is isn't the computer - it only ever happens on here. I visit a number of other photographic sites too, but have never had a problem on them. It's weird as it only happens now and again then it's fine for a while.
I never have any problems loading images from this site unless I'm using
the wireless sevice at work, which is a VERY slow connection...

Could be that your ISP is throttling your throughput speed at certain times
of the day or week... It looks like you are in China (?) Many countries are
known to severely limit and/or prohibit internet connection to other parts
of the world...

Also, internet throughput speed in general to other countries my be very
slow at certain times due to international internet server congestion to
and/or from your country to different parts of the world... Remeber, different
parts of the world may be at their peek activity at different times because
it's daytime there when it's nightime where you are, and vice versa... There
are some sites in Europe that I literaly have to wait minutes before they
will (if ever) load at certain times of the day... At other times of the day
they load just fine...

Just some things off the top of my head...

EDIT:

Here's an example...

Right now it's 11:28 PM Tuesday, November 30, 2010 where I am which is off-peak
for internet traffic here but it's 3:28 PM Wednesday, December 01, 2010 where you
are... If you came back here in 12 hours it would be the middle off the day (noon)
here, which would be during our peak but it would be 3:28 AM in the morning for you...

Last edited by Wizzard0003; Dec 1, 2010 at 2:45 AM.
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:25 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Gumnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,259
Default

thats a really good sunrise
i need to get up earlier
i dont see to many sunrises
__________________
www.johndolphin.net/photos
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:56 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Frogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 2,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard0003 View Post
I never have any problems loading images from this site unless I'm using
the wireless sevice at work, which is a VERY slow connection...

Could be that your ISP is throttling your throughput speed at certain times
of the day or week... It looks like you are in China (?) Many countries are
known to severely limit and/or prohibit internet connection to other parts
of the world...

Also, internet throughput speed in general to other countries my be very
slow at certain times due to international internet server congestion to
and/or from your country to different parts of the world... Remeber, different
parts of the world may be at their peek activity at different times because
it's daytime there when it's nightime where you are, and vice versa... There
are some sites in Europe that I literaly have to wait minutes before they
will (if ever) load at certain times of the day... At other times of the day
they load just fine...
Yes, living in China I am very aware of website blocking (Facebook, blogs etc) However I use an excellent VPN to circumvent those restrictive measures.

Throughput makes sense - until I realised that it is the same shots that won't load - no matter the time of day/night .... and only on this site.

It sure is frustrating - Eddy's 'model headshot' is the latest one not to load. Of course it can't be file size because all shots are reduced to conform with forum posting rules.

I have no idea what it could be *scratches head with hand on hip a la Laurel*
__________________
http://frogfish.smugmug.com
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:58 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
tacticdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 998
Default

Beautiful image! I love the dramatic sky. And the thin silhouette is so delicate!
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:27 PM.