Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 27, 2010, 5:45 PM   #1

Default Fashion Model or Tomboy? (Maybe NSFW)

You decide.

Pentax K1000, A50 f/1.7, M135 f/3.5, A70-210 F/4

www.EdWoodsonPhotography.com

Last edited by EddyinGA; Jan 4, 2011 at 6:23 PM.
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:31 PM   #2

HaHa these are great! As to your question...I think she can handle both. I especially like the last three shots, and you stopped when they were getting good!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:35 PM   #3

Very lovely young lady and a good job, Eddy...!
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:41 PM   #4

Great photos, Ed!
I think Robert said it all, she could get by with both.
She looks like a girl that can take care of herself!
This is just one of my nit picks and not meant to disparage your fine photos. but, the few strands of fine hair on the models left, show just enough to make her ear look a little strange. I know, something you wouldn't even see except in a photo.

On a side note, now that I've given my 2cents, perhaps you can help me out... I set up my studio lights and backdrop ( off-white muslin) in my living-room
the other night to see if I could get a decent photo of my wife.
After setting up the lights I took a few test shots to familiarize myself with the results. I had one 250 watt flood on camera left aimed at the model and my 120ws strobe on camera right aimed at model's side with 120watts overhead from the ceiling fan. Also had a large white reflector directly below and in front of the camera and my 540 flash mounted on top. when I took shots with various lights turned on or off, exposures came out as expected, until I tried adding in the strobe. I tried several different settings and exposure modes but, each time the shot would come out way too dark. Finally I turned the strobe around and put the umbrella on and used it as reflected light and that turned out fine. Can you, (or anyone for that matter) explain what was happening and what I did wrong?
Thanks,

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Great photos, Ed!
I think Robert said it all, she could get by with both.
She looks like a girl that can take care of herself!
This is just one of my nit picks and not meant to disparage your fine photos. but, the few strands of fine hair on the models left, show just enough to make her ear look a little strange. I know, something you wouldn't even see except in a photo.

On a side note, now that I've given my 2cents, perhaps you can help me out... I set up my studio lights and backdrop ( off-white muslin) in my living-room
the other night to see if I could get a decent photo of my wife.
After setting up the lights I took a few test shots to familiarize myself with the results. I had one 250 watt flood on camera left aimed at the model and my 120ws strobe on camera right aimed at model's side with 120watts overhead from the ceiling fan. Also had a large white reflector directly below and in front of the camera and my 540 flash mounted on top. when I took shots with various lights turned on or off, exposures came out as expected, until I tried adding in the strobe. I tried several different settings and exposure modes but, each time the shot would come out way too dark. Finally I turned the strobe around and put the umbrella on and used it as reflected light and that turned out fine. Can you, (or anyone for that matter) explain what was happening and what I did wrong?
Thanks,
On the ear. I think I can probably fix that. I'll give it a try.

How are you firing the strobe? If you're firing it optically from the 540, that could be your problem.

The 540 emits a preflash which will set off your strobe and by the time the shutter opens, the light has already fallen off. Make sure your pop up isn't inadvertantly up. that will do the same thing.

Can't wait to see your work with your new set up.

Pentax K1000, A50 f/1.7, M135 f/3.5, A70-210 F/4

www.EdWoodsonPhotography.com
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:03 PM   #6

Great pictures and model.

Love those boots
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:06 PM   #7

Thanks, Ed. I hadn't considered that, next time I'll try using a sync cord.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote