Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:01 AM   #11

Agree with everything above. Beautiful shots and a location that really makes me jealous, living here in a city and all. No way to live....

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:46 AM   #12

There's nothing you can't photograph well! Lovely. I think I ike the second set of sunsets with the orangish tint to the sky. Which is strange as orange is not one of my favorite colors.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:05 PM   #13

Another winner set, the second set is also my fav.

Great work Mole
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:06 AM   #14

John - Thanks for the feedback - was having some difficulty with the horizon on those, facing the lake at an odd angle... Will have to work a bit more on that - thanks!

Penolta - Thanks so much for the helpful comments! It does look a bit like distant smoke, doesn't it! Had not noticed that...

Pboerger - Thanks so much! Not sure, but I think the long exposures really help bring out the colors...

Mtnman - That was a 10 minute exposure. I posted a 20 minute one in the November Challenge. Would like to try for an even longer exposure, but do not have a remote, and my hand gets too stiff and shaky trying to hold the shutter button down for more than 20 minutes...

Harriet - Thank you for your very kind words. We have been blessed with some amazing sunsets recently!

John - I am indeed blessed to live in such a lovely part of our country. Sure do hope you find some wild places near you to visit soon! (PS -Do you know the song "Rocky Top?")

Patty - You are too kind! But really, this is such a photogenic region, all I need to do is close my eyes and point the camera. It's bound to be pointing at something pretty! Your comment about the orange reminds me of something my wife often points out - the colors and color combinations that look so fine in nature often would look terrible in our homes, our clothing, etc...

Ronny - Thanks so much!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:08 AM   #15

Just gorgeous ! I also liked the 2nd set best .. but the 1st was close behind !

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:44 PM   #16

Gorgeous shots! Good ol' Rocky Top! I was going through your shots wondering where the "ducks" were. Finally realized you said "dusk" shots. Funny thing is, I just scheduled an eye exam today.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Gorgeous shots! Good ol' Rocky Top! I was going through your shots wondering where the "ducks" were. Finally realized you said "dusk" shots. Funny thing is, I just scheduled an eye exam today.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing! Then after looking at all those awesome shots, I forgot all about the ducks until you mentioned it.

Really awesome, Mole. I think you;re going to be dangerous with that tripod!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2010, 5:02 PM   #18

Kevin - Thanks so much!

TSquare - So glad you enjoyed these! It's funny you should mention ducks - when I mentioned Rocky Top, I was thinking of the verse that goes:

"I've had years of cramped up city life,
trapped like a duck in a pen.
All I know is it's a pity life
can't be simple again..."

PS - hope your eye exam went well!

GW - Thanks so much! Have not had any time for photography this week - too busy with preparing for a couple of upcoming park events, and repairing bicycles to give away this Christmas. Hope to get the camera & tripod out again next week...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:38 AM   #19

an excellent use of a tripod
these are all great photos
personally i like the top right one of the first set
the lit clouds set it of nicely
Old Dec 4, 2010, 2:39 PM   #20

Wow!! Great a shots, well done there !! I like them all but # 3 of the third is really good # 1 of the second ... weird looking cloud in middle like a tornado ?
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote