Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:29 PM   #11

OOOH! I wannit, I wannit. Wouldn't I just look like a complete dork with one of those? Imagine being the only person to get a DSLR into concerts, and other venues. These things are going to be worth their weight in platinum.
Tons of possibilities.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
The secret to good corporate marketing is to corner the youth market...Canon has done a good job appealing to the 15 to 24 year old segment...it looks like Pentax is trying to get an even younger market .

or perhaps different countries..

Pentax is japanese and I can see this being extremely popular there, especially for the anime/robot crowd

perhaps im way off, i dont live there. but i have seen a number of japanese adults using wierd child like robotic / 'chibi' style gadgets like watches and computers.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRecording View Post
or perhaps different countries..

Pentax is japanese and I can see this being extremely popular there, especially for the anime/robot crowd

perhaps im way off, i dont live there. but i have seen a number of japanese adults using wierd child like robotic / 'chibi' style gadgets like watches and computers.
You are exactly right.

"While many outside of Japan might not understand or get the meaning of this model, it's based on the Korejanai Robo which has become quite popular since 2008 when the Japan Industrial Design Promotion Organization announced that year's Good Design Award. The 50+ year-old award consistently gives kudos to some really cool stuff, some of which are already hit items and some of which will become popular. The judging committee, made up of a couple dozen designers, journalists, architects, and marketers showed a sense of humor by awarding Zarigani Works a prize for the Korejanai Robo."
- http://nedbunnell.posterous.com/pent...nai-robo-model
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:28 PM   #14

Well, Ned Bunnell's web post provides the answer - thanks, Eric.

Not for the Western market. With only 100 copies available through Pentax Japan's web store, they may already be sold out! Talk about limited editions - this will be an instant collector's item.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:12 PM   #15

There is only one thing worse than being talked about... not being talked about!
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, FA 80-320mm f4.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses