Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:56 PM   #1

Default The Devils Backbone

Interesting name for a place eh? The name does justice for the location and imagery of the setting. I was told if you come here at night, some reflection casts that looks like a chariot in the water. I didnt stick around to find out.

Experimented a bit with B&W to set mood on a few, I think it fit.

Let me know what you think.

the tree resembles a torso of a decapitated woman

i didnt even catch this until posting but at the top right center theres something behind the darkness peering out!!

the skeleton sits on the branch overlooking the water

hope you didnt mind the humor with the subtitles

Last edited by NMRecording; Dec 6, 2010 at 11:00 PM.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:57 PM   #2

ill leave with one i did a while back and overlooked..

hope you enjoy the post

Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:51 AM   #3

Interesting I have had many that come out like that by the way the one you did not catch till you posted its 2 head not just one side ways but another that is more in line with view an d if you look close to the branches in that same shot there is few more.. I could not see the skeleton till I looked better I can see more faces in that one than I bet you all can see... I seen in most of the shots faces but one does nothing for me.... I have been told by an Indian woman that I was a seer and a dreamer since I can have dreams and they can tell me of my own life not any one else they were meant to guide me ... to tell me that I would have a time... That last shot its the spirit world very rare to actually photograph it... I did once ... while the mighty was holding the clouds and a white cloud of a heart was near by...
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:45 AM   #4

Fascinating series of photos - you captured a wide range of moods all in the same location. Very interesting! First is especially well-composed - great use of lines and curves.

PS - my home park has a trail called Devil's Backbone - bears little resemblance to yours...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:49 AM   #5

i should have emphasized this but the captions follow the pictures, i am having trouble finding the face you described sharpshot gal, you are talking about the blue water/reflection water shot correct?

thanks for comments guys

also, what did you mean by capturing the spirit world?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:23 PM   #6

The last shot that NM Recording added off to the far Left o f the shot Right of the screen is a round grey dot like a small world in the air... I had gotten one once and well there was more in my shot that told what it was... I hope you dont mind me going into circle what I have found I eve took it farther and found more.... I have done so many word finds that I ca see the faces that some just never can get and if you take it back into pictures view and turn it an d zoom in you can find more too if you can see what I mean they would be like ghostly appearances...
Attached Images

SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:22 PM   #7

Looks like a great place, nr2 being my fav.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:21 PM   #8

Seems to be a nice, but strange place.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:02 PM   #9

strange indeed guys

sharpshot gal thanks for explanations, I think we are seeing two different faces!

heres what im seeing:

excuse my crappy hand drawing, i think the real face looks much creepier, with the strings of hair blowing behind him and his creepy little fingers, the eye sockets , grin etc.

THANK YOU for explaining all the faces you see. this was a lot of fun for me

im still not sure what spirit ball you mean, do you mean the very last photo I posted or the second to the last? the last one is obviously in DC, not taken at the same scary sight.

I will mention this place gave me chills at some points and it may sound childish to you but I didnt get as many great pics as I would have liked because at one point in time the strangest think happened and all my pics turned out with a white cloudy haze in front of them No JOKE! It was as if something had flipped the iso up to 3200, which we all know with the IST is pretty hard to change by accident. strange huh? It was enough to make the hairs on my neck stand up

I want to go back for sure, luckily its only twenty mins from home

the skeleton sitting in the branch is in the picture following this one.. dead center along horizon/reflection, and 3/4 way to the right. He is looking out to the left over the water
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:57 PM   #10

This is reminding me of the time I went on a ghost tour in Salem, Massachusetts and didn't get any photos. Camera worked perfectly fine before the tour started and after the tour was over, but everything I tried to photograph during the camera would just not work.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote